FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Knew It
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ya the piston is real chewed up, the head is too, im goin to try and find a head tomorrow, and piston Face is chewed, the cylinder walls were not affected, the motor is gettin pulled tomorrow for sure, i knew it was the seat, it couldnt have been anythin else. any price on piston? i think i can get one for around 50$

any idea about a head???
New motor that puppy... at least, I would. Shavings could have gotten down low and caused more grief. Hopefully not, tho.

Sorry, I haven't had my SPI for almost a year. Plus, I'm in North Bay, ON. We'd need to know where you are in order to direct you to a fairly close parts source.

Also, search for Canadian Focus Parts on Google.ca. Plus, I just remembered that FocusSalvage.com used to be a great source for all Foci.

EDIT - FocusSalvage has a complete engine for 600 USD. You could likely do better around at a local wrecker.
you think so? the odds of metal particles gettin back up into anthing else would be kinda slim wouldnt it? i only paid 2000$ for it lol, so i guess it would be worth it, im callin around tomorrow for prices on a motor, was hopin to only pay 600 MAX canadian $

147000 km, thought i was gettin a good deal...lol s*** happens...
is this certified car? if it is you can always go back and try to get something out of the person who sold it.

Not sure where you are located, but try couple of junk yard in TO. i know you can buy a whole Zetec for 350, but not too sure about the SPI

goodluck
any idea about the kms on it that engine? just for an average?
and no i got it from a friend, he bought a new civic this year, the car ran great, there would be no sign of this coming, i bought it as is. I live in peterborough, close to TO. theres a couple scrappers here im gonna check first