FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Peices Of Somethin...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have taken the cylinder head off because of loud banging and pinging in the motor, there were peices of metal on the #4 piston?? the valves were both fine. I have only had this car 3 days, literally i know nothin about them, i do know a lot about cars tho, mostly imports and small 4 cyl's. do the sohc 2.0l's have valve seats?? it looks just like that but hammered into about 30 peices. judging by the cracks on the peices, i think it looks similar to a valve seat...

the tensioner could have done a lot of this...

Any replies would be great.. tomorrow is shopping day....
The SPIs are notorious for dropping valve seats.

It would appear that you're going shopping for parts and headwork.

Any scoring on the piston?

I'd be VERY carefuly about running that motor with that kind of damage in there, even after a cleanup.
ya the piston is real chewed up, the head is too, im goin to try and find a head tomorrow, and piston Face is chewed, the cylinder walls were not affected, the motor is gettin pulled tomorrow for sure, i knew it was the seat, it couldnt have been anythin else. any price on piston? i think i can get one for around 50$

any idea about a head???