FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Help Need Parts!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need some engine components, dont know where or who has any, please let me know...
howie321,Jul 29 2007, 10:00 AM Wrote:I need some engine components, dont know where or who has any, please let me know...
[right][snapback]245112[/snapback][/right]

Carquest for the belt.

If you need a head, try to get it rebuilt or go hit a junkyard.
i think that would be it. our cars wont get screwed if the timing belt goes. I think.

maybe can someone clerifiy this. I know if the belt goes on Honda or Toyota you are screwed, but ours should be ok .

But if you do need it then contact standard or corcones. They both have focus 2.0L Zetec engines for 350$
howie321,Jul 29 2007, 08:00 AM Wrote:I need some engine components, dont know where or who has any, please let me know...
[right][snapback]245112[/snapback][/right]

Yea, no the belt didnt break, it was stretched and real loose, i think it skipped over some teeth on the crank, it would deffinetly with the torque, the crank was way off from the cam gear. I have taken the cylinder head off, there were peices of metal on the #4 piston?? the valves were both fine. I have only had this car 3 days, literally i know nothin about them, i do know a lot about cars tho, mostly imports and small 4 cyl's. do the sohc 2.0l's have valve seats?? it looks just like that but hammered into about 30 peices. judging by the cracks on the peices, i think it looks similar to a valve seat...

the tensioner could have done a lot of this...