FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cleaning The Steeda Sri
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
?Well Ive had the Steeda SRi for about two weeks and I love it!! I just realized that I forgot to ask about cleaning the filter? Is this a filter that I oil? If so should I have done that before I did the instal? What is the proper cleaning times for these? Also when I took off the old air box I left the bottom extension on (the piece from the wheel well) Do I take that off as well?

Thanks

The filter that comes with the SRI is pre-treated so no worries there...

As to how often, it depends where you drive and how much you drive. In normal everyday driving I'd say twice a year should cover it unless you drive a lot of KM or in extremely dusty conditions...

As to the bottom piece, you can either remove it or what was done in my case was a cap was put on it to prevent any crap from hitting the bottom facing part of the filter..

NefCanuck
I clean mine every six months. Usually before and after winter. This time I also cleaned the maf with some electrical cleaner. Best 10.00 bucks I've ever spent! :D
i clean mine every oil change.....and i get alot of crap out of it
I do mine once a year, right after the winter. Unless your area is particularly dusty, you don't need to do it any more often than that. I put 35000Km on my car a year.

Partsource usually has thhe K&N Recharge kit on sale once every couple months. Follow the directions, let the filter dry overnight wrapped in a paper towel if you can. The biggest problem people cause themselves is by overoiling the filter and getting said oil in the MAF.