FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Clunking On Front End....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I have a rather annoying clunking in the front end of the car while turning and going over bumps.

Does anyone know what this could be and the difficulty to remedy it????
mines doing it to took it to dealer , everythings tight dunno what it is ...
i heard a clunking sound when my coils were broken, but only when i turned or would go over a bump
i m having same problem.,
it is strut mount problem..the center nut thing got loose over time..
but once i get it replaced, i will know for sure.
in my case when I heard that it was the stablizer arm on the passenger side that was fubared...

if you can tell what side it's from pop of your front tire and see if anything is broken.
konafocuswrc,Jul 28 2007, 04:53 PM Wrote:i m having same problem.,
but once i get it replaced, i will know for sure.
[right][snapback]245082[/snapback][/right]

Could be. Also could be somthing simple. Swaybar links for example.

Your endlinks are toast. Cheap part and an easy fix.
Quote:i m having same problem.,

Ditto, I had mine tightened up while at the Fast Lane.
I'd pop the hood and check them out, compare torque, etc.
Swaybar endlinks, or connectors as the book calls them. Almost definitely these. They only need to be a little worn to make a lot of noise over bumps etc. I did mine, and it fixed it.
turn each wheel and pull the stabilizer end links outwards, if they move, replace them. easy fix.
Awesome guys. I'll have a look this afternoon!
I had a squeak/groan that was endlinks, but they have been known to clunk as well.

Good luck bud!
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 29 2007, 09:15 PM Wrote:I had a squeak/groan that was endlinks, but they have been known to clunk as well.

Good luck bud!
[right][snapback]245129[/snapback][/right]

Ya, mine did the clunk thing. Drove it around for 2 months like that, but in the end it got too annoying. Didn't take long to do the fix.
Could be a cv boot that is cracked to (easy to check), but I'd d start with the endlinks. Theres a reason I keep spares at home ;) :lol: