FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Dealer, Which One?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i live in toronto downtown area.
i need to get 1 more transponder key programmed, so i can install bypass module and remote starter thing..

anybody recommend a good dealership??
and how much was it to get programmed??
konafocuswrc,Jul 27 2007, 11:20 PM Wrote:i live in toronto downtown area.
i need to get 1 more transponder key programmed, so i can install bypass module and remote starter thing..

anybody recommend a good dealership??
and how much was it to get programmed??
[right][snapback]245037[/snapback][/right]
You can program it yourself if you already have 2 programmed keys.
i know..

but thing is i only have 1 key.
konafocuswrc,Jul 28 2007, 09:25 AM Wrote:i know..

[right][snapback]245057[/snapback][/right]

All you need is the one key to program the other, and if it's a remote you don't need one to begin with you can program it your self rather easly. only takes about 10 minutes if that to do it.
Frost__2001,Jul 28 2007, 08:26 AM Wrote:
konafocuswrc,Jul 28 2007, 09:25 AM Wrote:i know..

[right][snapback]245057[/snapback][/right]

All you need is the one key to program the other, and if it's a remote you don't need one to begin with you can program it your self rather easly. only takes about 10 minutes if that to do it.
[right][snapback]245062[/snapback][/right]

from what i heard, i have to have 2 key to program extra..

anyway..which dealer do u recommend?
I dont know the cost because mine was under warrenty but Donway (Warden and Eglington) Did mine in under 1/2 an hour and had no issues, but I think it costs about $40?
David
Only Dealers I trust with my car are in Brampton and Kitchener, plus my dad and most of the guys here on the FC.

Colony Ford in Brampton
Weiland Ford in Kitchener
Dealers will typically charge you 1 hour's worth of labour and the cost of the key. So, you're looking at $109-ish (for GTA labour) and about $40 for a new key.

I've dealt with a few folks in the GTA and can suggest:
- Dixie Ford (Mississauga)
- Donway Ford (Scarborough)
- Kennedy (Burlington)
- East Court (Scarborough)
- Summit (Brampton)
- Bay Ford Lincoln (Toronto)
hmmm..i guess i will have to disable remote function for now..
If you have only one key you will need to get it done by the dealer and yes the cost is ususally about an hour, doesnt take that long but its to pay for the computer to doo it. As for the key with the car starter to disable the pats you should get them to install a kit either from ford or a jobber that only disconnects the pats when the starter is enabled. By putting a programed key in the car any one who wants to steal your car just has to brake the ignition cylinder and then its theirs. No more pats b/c your car is seing the pats key as being there. Just a tip. We install aftermarket kits herer and use the for pats kit and they work well together, and your car is still protected by the PATS. The part # for the PATS kit is 1S4Z 19G365 AB it retails @ $43.83 so its cheaper than getting another key made. JUst my 2 cents WHAT KIT ARE YOU PUTTING IN FOR A STARTER???
i know what i m doing here..
i already have bypass module ready to be hook up, and i already made starter kill using 2 relays..

and i m using code-alarm alarm w/remote starter 2 way pager
oh and it got 4 wires of aux..
i m going to make relay for a/c control, depends on what i setup, it will turn on a/c hot or cold..
then another relay for window control using remote..

strobe lights on instrument panel, so they go blind..
high frequency speaker to make them go nuts..

oh and to get a maximum protection, i m going to put some smoke bombs and tazers with it, hope he/she doesn't ... their pants..ruin my interior.. j/k..