FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mbrp Exhaust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Everyone. My MBRP exhaust should be delivered today, but I have one question. Does this kit include the front pipe? It's just that I priced the front pipe from Ford and employee price was $230. The MBRP set up is 260 or so, which is amazing if the front pipe is included. Thanks

DRyanC
DRyanC,Jul 27 2007, 08:11 AM Wrote:Hey Everyone. My MBRP exhaust should be delivered today, but I have one question. Does this kit include the front pipe? It's just that I priced the front pipe from Ford and employee price was $230. The MBRP set up is 260 or so, which is amazing if the front pipe is included. Thanks

DRyanC
[right][snapback]244984[/snapback][/right]

What is the "front pipe"? i know most cat backs go from the flex pipe back, so if you want it to truly be a cat back you'll need to source a flex pipe
If you're talking about the pipe that runs from the manicat to the rest of the exhaust (the flex), then no, it doesn't.

You can likely get a better-quality replacement for it for less money. Try http://www.focussport.com for some options (if I remember correctly) and I'll let a few more Zetec guys chime in on that as they'd know more.

Is your flex that bad?
DRyanC,Jul 27 2007, 09:11 AM Wrote:Hey Everyone. My MBRP exhaust should be delivered today, but I have one question. Does this kit include the front pipe? It's just that I priced the front pipe from Ford and employee price was $230. The MBRP set up is 260 or so, which is amazing if the front pipe is included. Thanks

DRyanC
[right][snapback]244984[/snapback][/right]

No, the flex pipe is not included. I changed mine using a 2.25" pipe from newedgeperformance. The existing pipe is MUCH smaller than 2.25, more like 1.75", which doesn't make sense as it just creates a bottle neck.

It really helped to open things ups, only makes sense to change both the exhaust the flex pipe at once.