FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svt Exhaust Raddling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If someone can help that would be greatly appreciated, When i drive at low RPM's I hear which I think is the heat plate raddling annoyingly which is located on the bend in front of the catilic converter (it is not on it, it is up high just behind the fire wall where the flex pipe goes). My question is can i safely take that plate off with out any consequences to follow.

Thanks in advance for any help
I think its there to protect your fan from melt down, I would suggest tightening your bolts or replacing them.
^^^^^^^

Exactly. Heatshields are there for a reason....if Ford could save some money by not using them and nothing bad happening to the vehicle they would.l
This raddling is not in front of the car, by the radiator fan, it is just where the flex pipe goes. down to the cadelic converter.
You can rip that baby right off. The heat shield is there for trapping excessive heat away from the engine. Yes, your engine may get a little hotter (5-7 dgrees), but it won't affect anything that would possibly melt. My gawd guys, anything that gets hot enough to melt is not going to NOT melt if a flimsy piece of metal is placed in front of it.

Go ahead, rip it off.
meford4u,Jul 27 2007, 08:16 PM Wrote:You can rip that baby right off.  The heat shield is there for trapping excessive heat away from the engine.  Yes, your engine may get a little hotter (5-7 dgrees), but it won't affect anything that would possibly melt.  My gawd guys, anything that gets hot enough to melt is not going to NOT melt if a flimsy piece of metal is placed in front of it.

Go ahead, rip it off.
[right][snapback]245030[/snapback][/right]

One up for him, either rip the lower one off or replace it. while ur there delete the cats for an offroad pipe, wayyyy better response and sound :P
No heat shielding for me and I'm good, considering my engine is a Duratec and fuel lines run right above the header lol. Keeps my feet warm in the winter.

:ph34r:
You guys revived a thread from 2 years ago?

Why?? To show that occasionally I am not a dick and have/give useful information?

Let us get on the topic of nights***ting your headlights.

Dumbest idea of the decade.
I think sonic mikey is trying to catch up on what he has missed and not really paying attatention to the dates.