FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Transport Canada Issues Latest Recalls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Transport Canada Issues Latest Recalls
July 26, 2007.

Ottawa, Ontario - Transport Canada has released its latest recalls, which affect some Dodge, Jeep and Suzuki models.

2007 Dodge Nitro
2007 Jeep Wrangler
Vehicles affected: 8,800

On certain vehicles, the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) was programmed with software that may allow the engine to stall under certain operating conditions. Dealers will program the TIPM.

2007 Dodge Sprinter
Vehicles affected: 14

On certain vehicles, the diffuser within the side window airbag module may contain hairline cracks. As a result, the lateral airbag may not deploy as intended during a side impact crash. Dealers will replace the module.

2002-2006 Suzuki Aerio
Vehicles affected: 5,130

On certain vehicles, the retaining clip that secures the gearshift cable to the shift lever can contact the lever housing, if excessive lateral force is applied when shifting to first gear. Repeated shifting in this manner can eventually cause the clip to break; should this happen, the shift cable can become disconnected from the lever, resulting in the inability to change gears. Dealers will replace the clip with one that has a different shape.

Geezzz... I saw Dodge Nitro, and thought they were recalling it because they realized what a mistake they had made, since it is the ugliest vehicle on the road since the Aztec. :P

Ryan
Nitro looks nice

I wish i had one when i was 2 :). looks like a nice toy car
the compass looks worse
Does Chrysler make any good looking cars?
oldeguy,Jul 27 2007, 06:44 AM Wrote:Does Chrysler make any good looking cars?
[right][snapback]244972[/snapback][/right]

After working for them I can say clearly No, unless it's new with in 2 years, and under 85,000 kms, on the odom.