FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtb: Engine Harness 00 Zx3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yeeeeea so I was driving tonight,,, and my dash lit up like the Griswalds ... my car shut off at about 60km/h I pulled off into a lot and smelled fried electronics coming through my vents,,, I poped my hood and the battery leads were smokin lol grabbed my big pliers and yanked the positve lead off and then the negative... their's a short some where... damn... there's no after market wiring accept for my HID's and that junk is clean!

so I wanna jump on getting a new harness in case I need one...

any chance any one has one lying around?

I have a new set of battery leads and stater leads already

let me know guys..

wasnt their a recall on battery leads catching fire?
Flofocus,Jul 26 2007, 10:29 AM Wrote:wasnt their a recall on battery leads catching fire?
[right][snapback]244919[/snapback][/right]

I was just going to say....

What year is your whip and heave the recalls been done???
ANTHONYD,Jul 26 2007, 12:00 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jul 26 2007, 10:29 AM Wrote:wasnt their a recall on battery leads catching fire?
[right][snapback]244919[/snapback][/right]

I was just going to say....

What year is your whip and heave the recalls been done???
[right][snapback]244927[/snapback][/right]

its an 00, why I mentioned the recall. jays2000zx3 focus caught on fire because of this issue...
F$$$$$$

I just pulled out the bateriy leads... :angry: hahaha my bad

well I'm sure it's just the starter harness and main power leads now... so I have a spare that came on my other motor...
I had something similar happen to me but it was all related to the headlight wiring system....I had ford fix it to the tune of $750... so word of advice... don't get ford to fix it, unless you can afford it.
yea I'm prety good with a wrench so I bought an amp wiring kit from princess auto with th 8guage wire to re do the leads into the fuse panel, and new grounds... ricer stylz with mad JDM silver and blue wiring... lol but it was only 17.97 HA!
ZED_not_zee,Jul 27 2007, 10:08 AM Wrote:yea I'm prety good with a wrench so I bought an amp wiring kit from princess auto with th 8guage wire to re do the leads into the fuse panel,  and new grounds...  ricer stylz with mad JDM silver and blue wiring... lol but it was only 17.97 HA!
[right][snapback]244994[/snapback][/right]

u have a PM