FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Power Works From Massive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

$3150 is a great deal for a BRAND NEW source of forced induction. and it only would cost me $45 to ship to Detroit...

check it out

EBAY woot

that + FR head= Goodness
Ever think of going centri/used? If so let me know.
Thats soo friggin tempting. Its something i've been considering off and on all year, but I don't think that would work with my car having to be drivin year round. And i just don't have the space for to have a seperate winter beater.

02ztsian

With the dollar at 30 year highs, what are you all waiting for? I HIGHLY recommend the Powerworks kit!!!! The FoFo is so much more fun to drive now!!! And to boot I get around 500 km to a tank of gas, mostly in town driving. The last 3 tanks averaged out to 29+ mpg.

02ztsian

habmann,Jul 25 2007, 11:09 AM Wrote:Thats soo friggin tempting. Its something i've been considering off and on all year,  but I don't think that would work with my car having to be drivin year round. And i just don't have the space for to have a seperate winter beater.
[right][snapback]244844[/snapback][/right]
My ZTS is my daily driver. Even in -25 weather I never had a hint of difficulty either with starting or driveability. Just do it!
02ztsian,Jul 25 2007, 12:56 PM Wrote:
habmann,Jul 25 2007, 11:09 AM Wrote:Thats soo friggin tempting. Its something i've been considering off and on all year,  but I don't think that would work with my car having to be drivin year round. And i just don't have the space for to have a seperate winter beater.
[right][snapback]244844[/snapback][/right]
My ZTS is my daily driver. Even in -25 weather I never had a hint of difficulty either with starting or driveability. Just do it!
[right][snapback]244848[/snapback][/right]

Its oh soo tempting, and the fact that someone else drives a powerworks car in the winter doesn't make it any better.

Any thoughts about putting one on a car with 140k on the odometer? That's my other problem. I'm thinking i've got too many k's to do this without starting to have to replace other things.
Aren't there more than a few guys with TB / vacuum / idle issues with that setup?

Just quasi-quoting from the Jet...
i heard the idle issue is a big one
NikiterZTS,Jul 27 2007, 10:23 PM Wrote:i heard the idle issue is a big one
[right][snapback]245039[/snapback][/right]

P.S.

here's a great deal on the used PW with EXTRA parts, please check it out.....habman this would be awesome deal......CAD $ as well

http://www.zx3tuning.com/forums/index.ph...c=3146&hl=

02ztsian

NOS2Go4Me,Jul 27 2007, 05:31 PM Wrote:Aren't there more than a few guys with TB / vacuum / idle issues with that setup?

Just quasi-quoting from the Jet...
[right][snapback]245023[/snapback][/right]
Initially I had a low idle and slightly hanging revs, but the PW instructions have a how-to on re-setting the idle speed. I installed a return spring to help the weak spring on the BBK TB which helped the hanging revs a little bit.
The BBK throttlebody is not as nice as the Focus Central unit-the FC appears to be billet whereas the BBK is cast and machined. A little too rough, especially in the throat where there is a definite ridge where the machine work ends. I spent a little time blending it in before I started the install. And I can't seem to get more than 8 1/2 psi, but that is most likely due to my Crane cams which I have yet to dial in with adj. cam gears (on my to do list).