FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Trade In?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey got a question for y'all.

I have a 2004 ZTS focus around 50K on it and was wondering if I went to the Ford dealership and suggested a trade in to get .....say the zx4 st? How much do u think they would take for a trade in purchase?

I know they'd probably rip u off badly or am I wrong?
Depends on how you define "rip off" - when trading a vehicle in the only number you should really care about is the difference you have to pay.

Ford currently has the "Family Pricing" event on right now and is a very good time to purchase, especially if you are a cash buyer.

With Family Pricing the dealers profit on new vehicles is somewhat reduced; which means that they won't show you anything more than the appropriate wholesale value for your trade.

If your car is super clean and the dealer has a market for one like it, they might offer you a bit more - but you shouldn't expect anything more than the Black Book value.

BTW ... ZX5 ST does not compute. ST model is sedan only. ZX5 is available only in SES trim.

As you may have seen in another thread, the ZX5 currently has a delivery credit of $1250 which is $500 more than ZX3/4/W.

I assume you have leather, moonroof and auto ... if this is correct, then this is the story on your car.

[Image: focusZTSvalue.jpg]

cornflakes,Jul 25 2007, 12:54 AM Wrote:Hey got a question for y'all.

I have a 2004 ZTS focus around 50K on it and was wondering if I went to the Ford dealership and suggested a trade in to get .....say the zx5 st?  How much do u think they would take for a trade in purchase? 

I know they'd probably rip u off badly or am I wrong?
[right][snapback]244767[/snapback][/right]
ZTW can you try mine please

2002 ZTS with 208000 on it
NikiterZTS,Jul 25 2007, 01:52 AM Wrote:ZTW can you try mine please

2002 ZTS  with 208000 on it
[right][snapback]244769[/snapback][/right]
$10.00 With all the time and money you've put in it, your probably better off to keep driving it until it rusts out. I'm kidding about the $10.00 :lol:
I don't mind, but probablly easier to do it yourself considering that the options you have (or don't have) make a difference ... so just go here and fill in the info

2002 ZTS   with 208000 on it
oldeguy,Jul 25 2007, 05:46 AM Wrote:

$10.00 With all the time and money you've put in it, your probably better off to keep driving it until it rusts out. I'm kidding about the $10.00 :lol:
[right][snapback]244787[/snapback][/right]

funny thing is that you're probably right :lol:

but i'd part it out before i let it go
ZTWsquared,Jul 25 2007, 07:23 AM Wrote:I don't mind, but probablly easier to do it yourself considering that the options you have (or don't have) make a difference ... so just go here and fill in the info

[right][snapback]244801[/snapback][/right]

tried doing with Black Book.....but i think i'll pass......i have to buy a subscription for $137/year

unless u meant something else by giving the link to that Toyota site?
Yeah - that was supposed to be a back door to Black Book which Toyota Canada offers as a free service ...

click here and try it

NikiterZTS,Jul 25 2007, 10:07 AM Wrote:tried doing with Black Book.....but i think i'll pass......i have to buy a subscription for $137/year

unless u meant something else by giving the link to that Toyota site?
[right][snapback]244813[/snapback][/right]
I hate using that toyota one as it never works with newer cars with higher milage, or options that are or were avaiable at the time it was new like a moon roof, or ABS, Special Editions, side airbags etc....
sweet.......just checked it out.......got a fat ZERO
NikiterZTS,Jul 25 2007, 03:51 PM Wrote:sweet.......just checked it out.......got a fat ZERO
[right][snapback]244832[/snapback][/right]

you got 0 bc your car has high millage. the site will only work for cars that has millage upto 20-30 a year.

I tired putting my old one in there and used to give me the 0 value as well.

as for the black book value, there are two free sites that can help you out with

1- http://www.toyota.ca/NWS/english/confighel...in_vehicle.html

2- http://gmcanada.com/gm/english/services/gm...praise-trade-in

I think there are couple more, but i dont know of them. Also if you try using them too much it will kick you out. I think you can only do 1 or 2 cars per day.
cool stuff,

does anyone know how much the zx4 st w/ sports appearance package is? (the sporty front bumper and the sporty wing)

I"m not sure if the 2006 is the last one or if 2007 is completely different looking?

The 2007 Focus ST comes with the GFX (also referred to as SAP - Street Appearance Package) standard. So, whatever the website price is, minus any new credits and local deals that are going for you right now.
does the 07 focus ST with GFX look exactly the same as the 06 focus ZX4 with SAP ?

and do u think any ford dealerships might still have any 06 zx4's around to sell?
Hmmm ... maybe (sometimes) and "no"

2nd question first ... dealers are balancing out their '07s now preparing for the arrival of '08s in September and Focus is selling reasonably well - no chance for a new '06 in anybody's inventory, and you probably couldn't even get a demo.

An '07 STwith GFX looks exactly the same as an '06 ST with GFX.

An '07 ZX4 SE with SAP looks exactly the same as an '06 ZX4 SE with SAP.

But an ST with GFX is not the same as an SE with SAP. The ST has the 2.3, 16" rims, a small, subtle spoiler and a unique interior.

An SE with SAP has the 2.0, 15" alloy wheels, the standard SE interior and a big-a$$ spoiler that sits about 18" off the decklid.

cornflakes,Jul 25 2007, 11:40 PM Wrote:does the 07 focus ST with GFX look exactly the same as the 06 focus ZX4 with SAP ?

and do u think any ford dealerships might still have any 06 zx4's around to sell?
[right][snapback]244892[/snapback][/right]
cool, thanx for that info!!