FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Car Is Finally Broken In
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Many of you have probably heard me complaining about the gas mileage on my 2006 ZX5 over the last year, so I thought I would post this to tell you that not everything that comes out of my mouth (or keyboard??) is a b*tch session!

I gased up today, the car barely took 40L (I was pushing it to 40... I wanted double air miles :) )... anyways, the car had 537 Kms on the trip odometer, mixed driving (probably something like 65% city and 35% highway).

So yay! The car is getting good gas mileage!!
Current mileage: 23500
im glad I was right
So when's the turbo going in, so you can complain about the gas mileage again, but this time not really care about it?
oldeguy,Jul 24 2007, 08:53 PM Wrote:So when's the turbo going in, so you can complain about the gas mileage again, but this time not really care about it?
[right][snapback]244751[/snapback][/right]
Well, when Robbie feels like tinkering ;)

But, no mods until the warranty is up. I can't afford that!
oldeguy,Jul 24 2007, 09:53 PM Wrote:So when's the turbo going in, so you can complain about the gas mileage again, but this time not really care about it?
[right][snapback]244751[/snapback][/right]

I got better gas mielage when I went turbo ;)

I'm not dumping the car in 3rd, and reving to 7k to pass people anymore ;)

Its nice to stay in 5th, floor it, and be able to have the muscle to pass cars safely & quickly.
I got worse gas consumption after my supercharger went in.

I went from 400km per 40 litre fillup to 340km per 40 litre fillup.

But, curiously today I hit 400km since my last fillup. Perhaps my car is finally broken in. It has been about 25000 km since the supercharger installation.
ok....how exectly does the car break in after such a "big" milege?
i suspect the better mileage is coming from not flooring it as much..