FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Windows Xp Question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a little annoying problem that I am far to unskilled to fix. I have a small home network with 4 pc's. I only keep 2 of them on all the time. XP system and pc1. the laptop and one pc (call it pc2) is off usually. When the pc2 is on the computer with XP (also my main system) is very fast. I mean when double cliking to open a program or something. It opens almost instantly. when the pc2 is turned off it takes 5-10 seconds after cliking before anything happens. when i use the quick key on the keyboard to open I Explorer the key name shows up instantly but the program still takes 5- 10 seconds to open. If I disable the network in control panel on the the XP machine it is also very fast. what did I screw up?? How can i fix it.
Prolly turn off microsoft office indexing, that mite speed it up a bit, lemme know if u have microsoft office installed on that pc
paolo,Jul 23 2007, 12:56 AM Wrote:Prolly turn off microsoft office indexing, that mite speed it up a bit, lemme know if u have microsoft office installed on that pc
[right][snapback]244580[/snapback][/right]

I have office 2003 on it. I havenot changed any setting on it since the pc was new. this is a recent problem after I had run the xp networking setup on the windows me pc. when the ME pc is off windows xp is very slow. today it took 37 seconds to open the calculator... when I turned on the ME pc it opened calculator in about a milisecond... WTF is going on.