FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: European Gp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
European GP has finished and it was a pretty exciting race, a down pour of rain on on Lap 5 that through everyone for a loop except the new driver for Spyker Ferrari, Markus Winklehock who started from pits on wet tires had held the race lead for a few laps before his car caught fire.

Hamilton had a difficult start in this race but did prove that he can truly drive, he crashed the day before the race and started from 10th and was pulling very fast lap times. Unfortunately Lewis finished in 9th.

Now for the race winner, Fernando Alonso won the European GP. he overtook Massa with 2 laps to go and put a just about an 8 sec lead over the Brazilian driver.

The standings still have Hamilton in the lead with 70 points, Alonso in 2nd with 68 points and Massa in 3rd with 59 points. Manufacturer's points standings has McLaren in 1st with 138 points, Ferrari in 2nd with 111 and BMW in 3rd with 61.

Anyone have any thoughts on the race as they saw it, I found it to be a very exciting race with the rain.
In this day and age of electronic gizmos in F1 it's good to see that rain can still be the ultimate equaliser and I actually wanted the rain to continue and was pulling for Winklehock and see if he could last and hopefully win or even get a podium. The pass that Alonso pulled on Massa was a nice pass and Massa should not have been surprised at all if his car was handling as badly as he claimed at the end of the race. Finally a good race and on to Hungary on the 5th of August and hopefully the racing can continue to be as exciting as the European Grand Priz was.

Laterz :)
Yes, a very exciting race, with so many different things going on. I had to watch it twice. I'm starting to feel sorry for Raikkonen, just a little. It was nice to see "my guy" make a big move for the win. Maybe they should wet the tracks before each race!
Are they looking into the move that Alonso pulled in pit lane?, that was way to close. If the driver is running at his max speed in pit lane nobody should be aloud to cut him off like that.
I didn't read anything about that. http://www.F1-live.com has a great interpretation of the"converstion" Alonso and Massa had in the prep room before the drivers conference.