FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Good News For Brampton/ontario
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Automotive News Wrote:Chrysler 300 production will move from Austria to Ontario

Bradford Wernle
Automotive News
July 19, 2007 - 10:28 am

The Chrysler group will transfer production of the next-generation Chrysler 300 and sibling vehicles for sales outside of North America from the Magna Steyr plant in Graz, Austria, to Brampton, Ontario.

Production will begin in 2010, said Michelle Tinson, a Chrysler group spokeswoman.

The transfer of about 30,000 units from Graz will fill the hole in Brampton's schedule left by Chrysler's decision not to build the Imperial car there. Production of the Imperial had been forecast at about 40,000 units, said Buzz Hargrove, president of the Canadian Auto Workers union.

In conjunction with the move, Chrysler will increase planned investment in Brampton from $700 million to $1.2 billion, Tinson said. The additional investment is necessary because of the complexity of building right-hand-drive models for export.

Tinson said the strength of the euro against the dollar contributed to the decision to shift production.

SWEEET !!!!
That's nice and all... but what they need to do is allow us to drive DTM/JDM stuff here quicker than 15 years after the fact.
yeah I heard the models they will be building in RHD will be shipped down under & to the UK. I also heard that they will be installing the Diesel engines in there too, and the possiblity of them putting in the Diesels into the productions cars for north america too.
Why do I suddenly feel like a Chineseman?
Oscar The Grouch,Jul 20 2007, 07:36 AM Wrote:Why do I suddenly feel like a Chineseman?
[right][snapback]244478[/snapback][/right]
Unless you cannot afford to buy the products you make in your own country, you shouldn't. ;)
yay. more p.o.s dodge cars to haul out of there....
PARKINGLOT,Jul 25 2007, 02:37 PM Wrote:yay. more p.o.s dodge cars to haul out of there....
[right][snapback]244856[/snapback][/right]
Beats hauling Toronto garbage to Michigan...
OAC_Sparky,Jul 25 2007, 06:04 PM Wrote:
PARKINGLOT,Jul 25 2007, 02:37 PM Wrote:yay. more p.o.s dodge cars to haul out of there....
[right][snapback]244856[/snapback][/right]
Beats hauling Toronto garbage to Michigan...
[right][snapback]244871[/snapback][/right]

LMAO :lol:
OAC_Sparky,Jul 25 2007, 06:04 PM Wrote:Beats hauling Toronto garbage to Michigan...
[right][snapback]244871[/snapback][/right]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I swear one of the questions they ask the guys they hire to drive those trucks is like this:

"Are you able to drive in a lane while weaving from one side to another?"
"Are you able to cut off other semi trucks at any given opportunity?"
"Do you ignore all logic, rules of the road and posted signs?"

If you answered yes, your hired!

morons.....