FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Tire Store Recommendations In Halifax, Nova Scotia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking urgently for recommendations on a tire store in or around Halifax/Dartmouth.

Just visiting a relative here for two days and I don't know my way around or any tire shops that are decent. Have to leave shortly for a long drive to Quebec.

I've got Dunlop A2 SP Sport 195/60H/R15 tires right now and I was really happy with them. Since the flat has sidewall damage, and all the tires need to be replaced soon anyways, I will likely replace them all right now in Halifax.

The story....

About half-way through a 2 week Canada East Coast road trip we got a flat about 30km from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. We were on a two-lane highway coming from a long straight to a long right-hand sweeper when the rear-left tire went flat. Speed limits here are pretty decent (90km/h) on the small highways so we damaged the side wall pretty well. The Focus handled superbly under the circumstances despite the flat BTW. In fact I was really surprised how my 7 year old Focus handled the rough twisty back-roads of Cape Breton (before the flat!). Anyways, I found a screw with the head broken off in the center of the tire with some ripped rubber around it. Man, that tire was hot when I pulled it off for the spare!
try Truro....there are a lot of cheap tire places there...
Grab a phone book... any coast tire can hook you up, or try Dartmouth Surplus in burnside.!!! GL!!
Found crappy tire had the Dunlop tires installed for $81/each plus balance. Not bad. The local Ford dealer was asking $130/each ($220 retail) plus balance, valves and installation!
walk0080,Jul 13 2007, 05:51 PM Wrote:Found crappy tire had the Dunlop tires installed for $81/each plus balance. Not bad. The local Ford dealer was asking $130/each ($220 retail) plus balance, valves and installation!
[right][snapback]243950[/snapback][/right]

Ya the dealer is a rip off for sure. I wouldnt buy a tire there unless i was screwed and stuck.

Nice deal on the dunlops it sounds. Glad your back on the road!