FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Upgrade To Leather Interior?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have any experience with switch the seats from an '05 zx3 to an '03 zx5. Found some leather in a junk yard and i would love to have that against my backside in stead of the 'fury gray velour'.
You'd be best off looking for some SVT seats...better bolstering than the ZX5 seats...

But if the ZX5 ones are a decent price, located closeby, and a colourmatch for you, then that sounds like a more feasable option. Removal of the seats wouldn't be too hard, and you might even have wire harness under the carpet for a powered seat, which you would just have to connect (that's assuming the ZX5 seats you've found are powered in any way).

Have fun
Are your seats heated?

If both sets are heated, then the swap would be basically bolt in, plug and play.

If both sets are not heated, it's a bolt in swap.

If the seats in the ZX3 are not heated, but yours are, you may want to consider looking for some ZX5 seats somewhere as they will all be heated since the only trim level on ZX5 is the SES and the Canadian Winter Package Plus was standard on those cars.

zx5chris,Jul 12 2007, 01:12 AM Wrote:Does anyone have any experience with switch the seats from an '05 zx3 to an '03 zx5. Found some leather in a junk yard and i would love to have that against my backside in stead of the 'fury gray velour'.
[right][snapback]243809[/snapback][/right]
Leather isn't all its "cracked" up to be.....I don't know about the standard leather seats but I'm not overly impressed with teh quality of them in my SVT. I would try to use that money to pick up some nice aftermarket Sparco or Corbeau seats. But of coarse then you loose any seat heaters you may currently have....
It very easy to swap out seats. Undo the bolts, unplug everything and yank em out. I can probably swap out my front seats in less than 30 minutes. Mind you I only have the one seat belt plug to work with.

I really like the SVT seats I have, but you do have to treat them. If you don't use the right conditioners they will crack over time.
Not to worried about the heated seat option - I can peal the seat cover and install the heating element.

Just wondering if any modifications/switching of seat base or anything interesting might 'occur'?

And they only want $75 per seat :D
Careful about used leather seats. If they weren't treated well by the previous owner you may find yourself dealing with cracking leather before too long (Remember too that my leather seat cracked at only 53K 2 1/2 years from new)

NefCanuck
just a few bolts and if i remember right there is a plug of some sort underneath for the airbag sensor..

IMHO, aftermarket seats aren't a good purchase from a safety standpoint because they haven't been crash tested with the vehicle.. if i was to swap seats i'd want a OEM seat that came from a different trim level

for $75 per seat i don't see how you could go wrong.. even aftermarket leather skins are more expensive than that