FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Springs/struts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i cant stand the ground control coilover struts any more the ride is just way too boouncy and rough.

im looking for some lowering springs and some factory struts.

i have 2000 zx3.

worst case scenario i have a set of stock springs but i dont know whats worse the stock lift kit or the stuff i got now lol
Jmountney1,Dec 27 2009, 08:25 PM Wrote:i cant stand the ground control coilover struts any more the ride is just way too boouncy and rough.

im looking for some lowering springs and some factory struts.

i have 2000 zx3.

worst case scenario i have a set of stock springs but i dont know whats worse the stock lift kit or the stuff i got now lol
[right][snapback]298887[/snapback][/right]

you could always get the ST170 struts like I got, and will be installing in the spring
Why not go for the SVT spring/strut kit
$384.30 from Steeda
[Image: 943_l.gif]

Or get the SVT damper kit and some Eibach pro-kit springs
[Image: M-18000-ZX3_l.gif]
Damper kit is $262.01 from Steeda and I've seen a lot of the prokit springs for cheap on kijiji
I will have a set of lowering springs for sale ,cheap , used only this summer . I will install a new suspension , Multimatic , which comes with springs , so I won't need a whole collection of springs sitting in my garage (I still have the original SVT springs) . For now I am waiting for the camber plates .
im just looking for sumthing to put in the car for the short term. i plan on selling the car in feb and will be hopefully buying a other one.

but it wont safety the way it is i just have the springs out of the ground control coilover struts and they dont sit to nicely. plus my struts are blown

and if this deal falls thrugh ill end up keeping my car so i was thinkin if i could find some cheap used struts and some kind of springs maby svt. thien in the off chance i keep my car i will upgrade the struts in the spring.
Gabriel,Dec 28 2009, 02:37 PM Wrote:I will have a set of lowering springs for sale ,cheap , used only this summer . I will install a new suspension  , Multimatic , which comes with springs , so I won't need a whole collection of springs sitting in my garage (I still have the original SVT springs) . For now I am waiting for the camber plates .
[right][snapback]298898[/snapback][/right]

how much for the svt springs
The ones that I have on the car are about 20% stiffer than the original svt springs and these are the ones that I intend to sell . I am thinking 60-70$ . In case I will sell the car someday , I might want to put back the original setup .
Jmountney1,Dec 28 2009, 11:28 AM Wrote:
Gabriel,Dec 28 2009, 02:37 PM Wrote:I will have a set of lowering springs for sale ,cheap , used only this summer . I will install a new suspension  , Multimatic , which comes with springs , so I won't need a whole collection of springs sitting in my garage (I still have the original SVT springs) . For now I am waiting for the camber plates .

[right][snapback]298900[/snapback][/right]
what time frame u looking at before u remove the springs.

Gabriel,Dec 28 2009, 03:57 PM Wrote:The ones that I have on the car  are about 20% stiffer than the original svt springs and these are the ones that I intend to sell .  I am thinking 60-70$ . In case I will sell the car someday , I might want to put back the original setup .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

[right][snapback]298901[/snapback][/right]
Jmountney1,Dec 28 2009, 12:06 PM Wrote:what time frame u looking at before u remove the springs.

Gabriel,Dec 28 2009, 03:57 PM Wrote:The ones that I have on the car  are about 20% stiffer than the original svt springs and these are the ones that I intend to sell .  I am thinking 60-70$ . In case I will sell the car someday , I might want to put back the original setup .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

[right][snapback]298902[/snapback][/right]

The camber plates will be shipped to Chicago and it all depends on a friend of mine (trucker ) to go there and pick them up for me . He said january , february . This way I can avoid GST , PST , brokerage fee and other taxes .
Gabriel,Dec 28 2009, 04:19 PM Wrote:
Jmountney1,Dec 28 2009, 12:06 PM Wrote:what time frame u looking at before u remove the springs.

The camber plates will be shipped to Chicago and it all depends on a friend of mine (trucker ) to go there and pick them up for me . He said january , february . This way I can avoid GST , PST , brokerage fee and other taxes .
[right][snapback]298903[/snapback][/right]

Thats not gona work than i was hoping to get sumthing sooner

Jmountney1,Dec 28 2009, 02:49 PM Wrote:
Gabriel,Dec 28 2009, 04:19 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]298903[/snapback][/right]

Thats not gona work than i was hoping to get sumthing sooner
[right][snapback]298909[/snapback][/right]

Sorry , that's the best I can do for now
I've got my full suspension up for sale I'll be updating my thread this afternoon. shocks, struts, Rear springs and coil front spring all for $200
ZX3_2NV,Dec 29 2009, 11:19 AM Wrote:I've got my full suspension up for sale I'll be updating my thread this afternoon. shocks, struts, Rear springs and coil front spring all for $200
[right][snapback]298948[/snapback][/right]
Now that sounds like a pretty good deal !
thats a good deal but i was relay hoping to get some stock struts and lowering springs.

Jmountney1,Dec 29 2009, 10:54 PM Wrote:thats a good deal but i was relay hoping to get some stock struts and lowering springs.
[right][snapback]298976[/snapback][/right]

So you want a bouncy ride lol :P Before I picked up the shocks and struts after I hit a bump id be bouncing back and forth 3 or 4 times especially on the highway.
i would be all over it if you had the front springs. do you have the front springs lol