FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My New Rig
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I started my new job not to long ago at Thomson Metals + Disposal. Its not a bad job I get to inspect trucks, work lots of overtime and best of all............ run this bad boy ;)

[Image: IMGP0111-1.jpg]

That there is 126,000lbs of pure steel loaded with A/C, 50 foot reach, a magnet strong enough to lift just about anything and a Cat Acert Technology C13 pushing 345hp and over 500ft/lbs of torque under the hood ;). Boo yeah, top speed is a whooping 6mph too ;)
I was just assigned this machine this week and had the need to express :lol:

Any other heavy equipment junkies on this site?
i knew it was something like this or a camaro!! :lol:
Looks like lots of fun
Burnin21,Jul 10 2007, 07:01 PM Wrote:Any other heavy equipment junkies on this site?
[right][snapback]243658[/snapback][/right]

I work in Purchasing at a Mining Contractor. We buy stuff like these:

Sandvik Tamrock Jumbo Drills
[Image: 456652.jpg]

Sure is cool to see how big these suckers are in person.
I like big toys like that.

I'd like to try the magnet on track thing.. that must be cool to swing stuff around...
Yeah, I get to operate some cool stuff in the military, but nothing like that...looks like fun :)
The 345 is a blast I must say. You know whats funny? Sandvik Tamrock is right around the corner from my work and we receive TONNES of scrap from them. I've had a tour of their plant, its pretty cool actually :)
With this thing you can toss stuff every where, a 4000lb Pickup doesnt even make the hydralics flinch.
That's a sweet piece of machinery. I'll email you a list of people I want flung far, far away with that :D
does it have a lot of buttons and switches!?!? :lol:
lol wow & congrats on the new job lol.
Spinal,Jul 12 2007, 02:03 PM Wrote:does it have a lot of buttons and switches!?!? :lol:
[right][snapback]243849[/snapback][/right]

Yes there are nothing BUT tonnes of buttons and switches :P