FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What Deals Did You Get For Boxing Day?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I slept in, was awaken by a call on my cell. it was already 10:30 am, the stores were open at 6:30. so i decided to check it out anyways. I was not expecting to get any majour door crashers or anything just looking for some things i need. I went to the brick, after finding a parking and all the traffic on the roads, it took me 30 mins to get there, walked in, saw the flyers, saw a Blue Ray player for 98 bucks, regular price 199 cdn, decided i need it, to replace my 1080i upconverting dvd recorder. The man informed me they were sold out, so i decided to get smart and went to customer service, i mentioned i was picking up the blue ray that they had on sale he asked how i was gonna pay, and i said cash, he took it out and said there was one left, i paid, and went on my merry way.

now my systems complete, i only spent under an hour, didnt have to brave any long lineups, my friend was there since 3am and came home empty handed, lol, well not the same store, i think he was at future shop. and now all i need is a HDMI High Speed Cable, (formerly HDMI 1.3b) to complete my system.

oh ya, went to best buy and picked up a few blue rays for 6.99, 7.99 etc. to go with my new system.
Your Mom spent the day shopping for underware for me.

AnthonyD has pics.
Store One
I got to futureshop at 7am and it was a mad house. My plan was to find a DSLR for either a decent price or bundled with a telephoto lens, no luck in that department. Then I saw so many bluerays on sale, but stopped myself from buying them and focused on two, which were Pineapple Express and Taken. Pineapple was not on sale and Taken was sold out.

Store Two
Best Buy is down the street from futureshop, so I checked it out. I remembered my aunt said she was looking for a decent tv, nothing big, and for her condo. They had a Bravia for $399, but sold out ....actually every tv there was sold out in the 32" range. I walked by a guy sitting on the ground staking his claim and asked if I could take a look at the tv beside his claim, to my surprise it was a Toshiba for $499 with 1080p. Grabbed it, called my aunt (still sleeping) for an approval, checked out the bluerays for the movies I wanted, nothing there . Went to the Apple section passing by laptop bags and saw a Samsonite perfect for work and travel, grabbed it.

Prices
Bluetooth ear piece (lg hbm-220)
$15 ($30 bucks original) last one in black
Future Shop

Samsonite Laptop Bag (nice and slim yet fits everything I need for work and travel)
$20 ($62 original price)
Best Buy

I purchased this for my aunt
Toshiba 32" lcd 1080p (32RV525RZ)
$499 ($699 original price)
Best Buy
Thats not a bad price you paid for the 32" LCD, and yeah you are definately correct in saying most of the tv's sold out were the 32" widescreen models.
The players are so cheap this year.

Mine was $150 this year, last year I got it for $200 last year and it was 100 bucks off.
I did a bit of web shopping.
Got a shirt on roots.ca 1/2 price (25$ instead of 50$) and 2 memory stick pro duo 8GB for 23$ each instead of 50$ @ Futureshop :)
Wanted to get a DSLR but no good specials on the Nikon D90 :(
Did somebody say Paolo's mom?!
NikiterZTS,Dec 28 2009, 08:15 PM Wrote:Did somebody say Paolo's mom?!
[right][snapback]298912[/snapback][/right]

Aren't his parents brother and sister?
NikiterZTS,Dec 28 2009, 07:15 PM Wrote:Did somebody say Paolo's mom?!
Hands off... She's mine.
I picked up the 2 gal compressor from CDN Tire for all my inflation needs. :) $39.99.
meford4u,Dec 28 2009, 09:47 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Dec 28 2009, 07:15 PM Wrote:Did somebody say Paolo's mom?!
Hands off... She's mine.
[right][snapback]298923[/snapback][/right]

Can we at least share, kind of like before.
The wife and I searched and searched for a Wii and couldn't find any that were on sale or even in stock. Checked all the major stores and everyone was sold out. Stopped in at Shoppers Drug Mart and they had 5 in stock at the regular price, $219.00 w/ Wii Sports. Plus I cashed in my Optimum points and got an additional $25 off. Should have just gone to shoppers first.
Focus, Man Focus

If you sit tight, They're coming out with WiiHD really soon. Once its out, the normal Wii, which only has 480p resolution anyway, will drop in price. I think the new Wii, will have 1080i atleast.
Thank for your input, a little to late though. We don't have an HDTV so it really won't make much difference anyways. Although a discounted price wouldn't have been bad. We have been playing for a couple days now. We still have to get another Control and Nunchuk, and a couple more games.

The wifey wants Wii Fit but don't tell her I told you guys. LOL
does SDM do price matching? if not its ok, you said you got $25 off anyways, which is good. I am waiting for the price drop myself as im in no hurry to buy another game console at the moment.
Everywhere we checked, nobody would price match a Boxing Day Sale. But with redeeming my Optimum Points I got a better deal anyway. Win!
I picked up Monster Ultra 800 Component cables, 12ft, for my hi def cable box for $6 brand new at Factory Direct; got rid of the lines I had on dark channels. Not to mention my new Monster Blackout HDP910 also alleviates the situation... :D I love my home theater toys lol

As for hi def off the Wii, not yet... but there are component cables that will bump it from 480i to 480p. I use an s-video cable for my Wii, and the difference is minimal... I have yet to pick up a component Wii cable to personally see the difference though.
euro_zx5,Dec 29 2009, 09:33 PM Wrote:I picked up Monster Ultra 800 Component cables, 12ft, for my hi def cable box for $6 brand new at Factory Direct; got rid of the lines I had on dark channels. Not to mention my new Monster Blackout HDP910 also alleviates the situation... :D I love my home theater toys lol

As for hi def off the Wii, not yet... but there are component cables that will bump it from 480i to 480p. I use an s-video cable for my Wii, and the difference is minimal... I have yet to pick up a component Wii cable to personally see the difference though.
[right][snapback]298975[/snapback][/right]

Thats a good deal on the cables man.
I found princess auto sells Monster cables (THX) sometimes and they are cheap! I picked up a 25ft subwoofer cable for $10.

Ill have to check out Facory Direct , I want to pick up a line conditioner.
The only BD player that makes sense is the PS3. Everything else is snobby bitchery.

I shunned Boxing Day / Week sales for the 3rd or 4th year in a row. Surprisingly, the mall wasn't that busy and I used a gift card toward one of the PS3 combo packs of a game (Uncharted) and a controller.

My actual Christmas gift to myself will be a new-to-me Focus. Best Christmas gift from the g/f was new cutlery. Best gift to her was a Rachael Ray pot set. Lasagna is in the works for tonight. Add some beer and ohhhhhh yeah. :)
Why would u think the playstation 3 is the best for Blue-ray? The PS3 costs almost 4 times more than what I paid for my Blue-Ray player? im not knocking the ps3 in any way though.
Pages: 1 2