FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Manual Tranny ? Parts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know any online companies that sell used transmissions or parts .. been debating awhile on trying to do a 5 speed swap and think im gonna start buying parts . I think in november me and the girlfriend will be buying a second car for her in which case I will be converting mine to a manual . Which trannys are the same does only the 2.0 duratec line up with the tranny ? or would the 2.3 as well ? just curious ... gonna watch ebay for shifter set up , a short throw and items for swap .

just need to find a decent tranny .
Speaking from experience it was cheaper (and easier) for me to sell my car and buy a manual car than it was to do the swap. You need alot more than just a tranny to do the swap. It is A TON of work and money when you could just sell the car, buy another with manual for the same if not less.

If its strength of the tranny your after maybe you want a level10 or a lentech transmission.
I only would need ...

Tranny
Clutch kit
s***er set up , linkages
mounts
Computer
clutch Assembly

^^ lot cheaper than the 25,000 I payed for the car
True true, sold mine when it was 2 years old for 6grand, bought another for 8. Didn't realize your car was that new :)

Why not a lentech tho? As for a 5spd any wreckers close to you?
bought it last august , I duno lentech is not cheap , also I like standard and auto wont touch a manual.
Lentech isn't cheap, but it's well worth it if you want a transmission that out-performs a manual for shift speed and rivals it in efficiency. You can even get a LSD for your Lentech auto.

It's in my medium-term plans. :)
Its like $4000 american thats like a 2000 focus lol , id rather pay that kinda money , swap trannys and pay for a good junk of the turbo.

It seems to be a good tranny but I think id have to see the difference to justify paying that kinda money with a turbo the dyno sheet shows what you payed for, it says lifetime warranty wonder how well they honour this ?
Have you called them or emailed them? They quoted me $2500 to re-and-re my transmission to 275HP Street Terminator spec.

I don't have access to the email they sent as it's at home, but I'll copy and paste the quote as well as their contact info.

You should call/email them before assuming that what the website says is correct.
nope just judged from website
I asked my dad about this when I had my Topaz back in the day and he said it's easier to go from 5 speed to Auto then Auto to 5 speed as there is a tonn of time, money and laubour involved to do this.
Ive talked to a mechanic who said the complete opposite , all depends , both ways you still pretty much gotta swap the same parts.