FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Tint: 35% All Around? Zxw Wagon W/baby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to get tint done on our '06 ZXW wagon. We have a new baby and I prefer some reduced sunlight in the cabin.

Is 35% all around a good choice??

I have 35% front, 20% rear, on my Protege5 and it is pretty dark for night driving and reversing. So I dont think that's a great idea with the Focus wagon with baby. But it cuts sunlight big time and looks awesome.

Anybody do tints for their focus? What would you recommend?

EDIT: 35% front + 20% rear (lower % is darker)
Nutella,Jul 5 2007, 12:02 PM Wrote:I have 20% front, 35% rear, on my Protege5 and it is pretty dark for night driving and reversing. So I dont think that's a great idea with the Focus wagon with baby. But it cuts sunlight big time and looks awesome.

Anybody do tints for their focus?   What would you recommend?
[right][snapback]243185[/snapback][/right]

For my wife's ZTW (Silver) we did the 20% front and 35% for the rest and we don't need any other sun protection for the kids ... (IIRC 35% at the front is technically illegal anyway) and my wife doesn't have any complaints about rearward visibility at night.

For my ZXW (Black) I did 20% all around and although it looks pretty good, the kids would have prefered the 35% at the rear.

Bottom line: IMO at 20% you'll still need some sort of a sunshade on the window for the kids.
i had a tint done @ Tint Master, place that dixie ford goes to. they did a really good job as well, its called the charcoal series w/ lifetime warranty. i had 37% front 6% rear. interestingly enough its really easy to see out, even at night time. i like it a lot.
[Image: Picture1383Medium.jpg]
[Image: Picture1384Medium.jpg]
I think you guys have got your tint numbers backwords. Normally you tint the back windows darker than the fronts. Thus it would be 35% front windows and 20% on the back windows. Just an FYI

As far as 35% upfront and 20% out back, if you looking for a level of tint but still good visibility you're prolly looking in the right range. Personally i've got 20% in the front and 5% in the back, I like it, but it can be a pain some nights.
Yah I think 35% rear and 20% front is the way to go, the front and back blend in.
I'm thinking 35% front and 5% rear on the new one will looks sweet. I had 35/20 on the old car and I remember wishing I had gone darker.
ZTWsquared,Jul 5 2007, 12:25 PM Wrote:For my wife's ZTW (Silver) we did the 20% front and 35% for the rest and we don't need any other sun protection for the kids ... (IIRC 35% at the front is technically illegal anyway) and my wife doesn't have any complaints about rearward visibility at night.

For my ZXW (Black) I did 20% all around and although it looks pretty good, the kids would have prefered the 35% at the rear.

Bottom line: IMO at 20% you'll still need some sort of a sunshade on the window for the kids.
[right][snapback]243189[/snapback][/right]

I think you mean 35% front, 20% rear for your silver ZTW. THat's the combo I am questioning about on night + blindspot visibility.

For your ZXW (black), I think you mean 35% all around and kids would have prefered 20% rear.

So the lighter 35% in the rear is not a good choice for an infant? I should just go ahead with darker 20% rear to get that extra sun blocked out and sacrifice in terms of some night visibility?
^^ I would... 20% as a minimum for the rear. Never had an issue before.
Yeah ... I was just following your terminology in my answer - didn't think about it.

But yeah, darker in the rear, lighter on the front doors on my wife's ride; lighter all round on mine, and the kids prefer the darker tint.

It's obviously a personal choice but my wife has no issues with rearward visibility with the darker tint everywhere but the front doors.

IMO at 35%, there's hardly enough effect to warrant doing it - you'll still need a sunshade for the baby.

Nutella,Jul 5 2007, 04:52 PM Wrote:
ZTWsquared,Jul 5 2007, 12:25 PM Wrote:For my wife's ZTW (Silver) we did the 20% front and 35% for the rest and we don't need any other sun protection for the kids ... (IIRC 35% at the front is technically illegal anyway) and my wife doesn't have any complaints about rearward visibility at night.

[right][snapback]243189[/snapback][/right]

I think you mean 35% front, 20% rear for your silver ZTW. THat's the combo I am questioning about on night + blindspot visibility.

For your ZXW (black), I think you mean 35% all around and kids would have prefered 20% rear.

So the lighter 35% in the rear is not a good choice for an infant? I should just go ahead with darker 20% rear to get that extra sun blocked out and sacrifice in terms of some night visibility?

[right][snapback]243213[/snapback][/right]
I got 15% fronts and 5% rears. I've never had a problem, altho the rears are pretty dark they can become reflective at night if your under a street light.
[Image: 834955d4.jpg]
[Image: 82b731de.jpg]
35/20 and the wife and kids have no problems.
I only got 35% all around on my stang...with the interior being black, it looks darker than it is, especially at dusk or overnight. I had 20% all around on my ZX3, but it was 3M panther black window film...it was sometimes hard to see out of the rear in low-lit areas outside of town...

I think 35% would look good on your car, especially if the interior is black/charcoal (didn't recall if you mentioned interior colour or not)...

L8tz
I ended up doing 35%/20% and it worked out ok. The night reversing issue is not a problem because the reverse lights are so bright!

I recommend only 35/20 tint!
I've got 20% on all my windows (noooo, not the windshield too, duhh!)
I love it and would not change it.
I can see great at night while backing up.
My gf has 35% driver/passenger doors and 20% rear doors and hatch.
She likes it, but it's easy to see that hte tint is not the same front and back when looking at it, but still great looking anyways..