FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Trouble Code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i got a P1120 trouble code in the focus, it says it a tps sensor code, just wondering if anyone has had one of these problems, and what the solution was,

its probably something small and stupid, but i kind of dont feel like diagnosing the proplem, plus i hate wiring so i dont even want to start with the wiriing harnes. so any help would be greatly appreciated.

kamilk69,Jul 3 2007, 11:45 PM Wrote:i got a P1120 trouble code in the focus, it says it a tps sensor code, just wondering if anyone has had one of these problems, and what the solution was,

its probably something small and stupid, but i kind of dont feel like diagnosing the proplem, plus i hate wiring so i dont even want to start with the wiriing harnes. so any help would be greatly appreciated.
[right][snapback]243036[/snapback][/right]
What year is your Focus? I had a TPS code, cost me $400.00. Ford redid the throttle body and the wiring harness on the 2000 Zetec.
~ $50 for a new TPS at ford, its a 5 minute install.
did you install 65mm throttle body??
if you did, you may broke sensor..

like hardk0re says, it is easy 5 min job.
no i havent touched the throttle body at all, i think its because im not running a bov and its abused the throttle body,

i cleared the code, ill see if it comes back.