FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Winter Pic Thread.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Figured we have enough camera buffs to start a fresh thread....

Got out the other day and took a couple shots...

[Image: winter-barn.jpg]

[Image: winter_berry.jpg]

Are you using your DSLR for these pics? Are you doing anything to make sure the camera will not condensate when you bring it indoors?

I was told that if you bring the camera from cold to warm the insides will condensate and damage the camera in the long run.

Nice pics! :)Like the first one.
it was my DSLR, and I didn't really do anything special.. it wasn't damp enough between outdoors and indoors to cause any issues.

Condensation on the lenses is alright, but I'd be careful about taking the camera from a very cold environment to a hot moist environment (ie, outside in winter to a steam room).
what do you use for photo editing software and also what do you use for your RAW. I have the pentax RAW converter, but its not very good and doesnt give me that much options.

I just bought a new flash and just playing around with some lighting.
[Image: 17251_414813345220_719175220_10509878_2522461_n.jpg]

I like to get more involved with photo+videography so need some good software to correct things.
[Image: 19970_231185571439_509736439_385033.jpg]

Christmas morning in the Dominican Republic.
[Image: 17251_414813415220_719175220_10509887_2145457_n.jpg]

was hoping it would come out nicer, but it didnt. ohh well. There will be always next year.

THis is our annual walk on the beaches, after a full breakfast at sunset grill on Queen E.
An oldy, but a good one for this thread. Not a camera buff by any means though!

[Image: DSCF3539.jpg]

I hope we dont get that much snow ever again. lol
One taken after a storm in December '04:
[Image: December23rdStorm0005.jpg]

Taken in Cold Lake, Alberta...

[Image: P1040243.jpg]

[Image: P1040249.jpg]

[Image: P1040247.jpg]
Flofocus,Jan 9 2010, 11:32 AM Wrote:An oldy, but a good one for this thread.  Not a camera buff by any means though!

[Image: DSCF3539.jpg]

I hope we dont get that much snow ever again.  lol
[right][snapback]299298[/snapback][/right]

I wish we did.....it's been lame down here
NikiterZTS,Jan 13 2010, 09:14 AM Wrote:I wish we did.....it's been lame down here
[right][snapback]299464[/snapback][/right]

How many truckloads of snow do you want? I'm sure I got enough in my front yard.
Oh and funny you mention that Nick... It was 11 years ago today that the troops came to dig out the GTA.

Lastman calls in the troops
Bala ON:

[Image: IMG_0213.jpg]

Sorry Vinnie, I f***ed up you post.

I deleted you image by accident. SORRY!
What I was trying to do was quote your image by saying I used to jump off a bridge like that as a kid.
My cottage was on Acton Island between Bala and Port Carling.

I accidentally "edited" your post.

Sorry dude :(
for editing, I've used GIMP (free), Corel($$) Photoshop($$$$$!!!),

and while you can get by with GIMP, and Corel works alright, Photoshop works the most seemlessly...

that being said -- one or two more from the Christmas hollidays..

[Image: sophie-lorinda-tree.jpg]