FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Makes Scc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hay guys just thought I'd let everyone know there was a great write up in this months Sport Compact Car magazine about the Ford Focus and grass roots racing.
All of the pictures are from Leo Capaldi but its nice to hear that the Focus is finally getting recognition from a major mag like SCC. They liked the handling and were surprised with the power of the 2.3 Duratec.
Anyways go pic up the issue its worth reading.
i wonder what happened to their project SVTF.

that is good to hear they are covering the Focus.
FocusGuy7476,Jul 1 2007, 02:49 PM Wrote:i wonder what happened to their project SVTF.

that is good to hear they are covering the Focus.
[right][snapback]242814[/snapback][/right]

I went to the SCC website and looked up the Focus builds and they had a few, a SVT and a ZX3. Its kinda cool
If anyone knows for some odd reason where I can get a copy of SCC either in Sudbury or North Bay, LET ME KNOW!

Even the Chapters in Sudbury doesn't have s***. I checked today :(
just picked SCC up today, and that is a pretty good article

liked in the back where the reader's sent in letters about the Focus.
Trubo and high performance mag did a turbo ZX3 projsect like three yrs ago. it's a prety good artical...
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 1 2007, 10:48 PM Wrote:If anyone knows for some odd reason where I can get a copy of SCC either in Sudbury or North Bay, LET ME KNOW!

Even the Chapters in Sudbury doesn't have s***. I checked today :(
[right][snapback]242831[/snapback][/right]

did you try

Black Cat Too !
Contact info....
705-673-6718
86 durham street...
or
COLES
in the mall

I dont know how Black Cat is these days but back when I lved up there it was a pretty decent place for hard to find magazines
Maybe I'll go check that out for something to do... I remember when a lot of mags did articles on that Tangello Fastrax Turbo/HKS Focus down in Cali a few years back (enter fastrax focus on streetfire or youtube, and there are dyno vids of it doing like 384fwhp)... I like it when there are articles/ how-to's to build a Focus into a solid grassroots wkd racer.

Maybe Ford will wake up and build a proper Focus again...and rekindle the aftermarket's interest in them again...
SCC has had 3 focus's, I've got issues like 5 years old. They've done a yellow ZX3, a blue rally turbo ZX3, and their Silver SVTF ZX3. Last I read the SVTF was waiting on a new short block or something...

they've also featured the ATI "Terminator" focus, and a number of articles on the Focus RS...