FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: It Lives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mk2 Focus RS

Looks like a pretty good EVO/STi killer.
Yup I read about the new RS in Sport Compact Car a couple of months ago.
It uses the same drivetrain and engine as the Volvo R60. I dont no what type of aftermarket parts are out for them yet but im sure it will give the Evo a run for its money
:bowdown: :bowdown:

At least the Europeans can carry on for us!
How i wish we got that car here. Even just getting that body style here would be awesome.
FocusGuy7476,Jun 30 2007, 06:28 PM Wrote:Mk2 Focus RS

Looks like a pretty good EVO/STi killer.
[right][snapback]242760[/snapback][/right]

300hp + awd makes it competitive. i don't know about calling it a 'killer' just yet.. no super fancy diffs and we don't know what the gearing will be like..
don't need some super fancy high tech diffs in a car, takes the pleasure and skill out of driving.
It's a nice looking car but honestly I would love to see the top gear review on it when it comes out lol....
FocusGuy7476,Jul 1 2007, 06:53 PM Wrote:don't need some super fancy high tech diffs in a car, takes the pleasure and skill out of driving.
[right][snapback]242815[/snapback][/right]

the diffs are part of what make the cars quick though.. even if there is no computer/driver controlled center diff, that focus rs will need to have some actual mechanical front and rear lsd (non some electronic braking of individual wheels to stop wheel spin) to be competitive with the awd/turbo competition

and believe me.. having sticky tires and awd fairies on your side doesn't make driving less fun.. rocketing out of corners under full boost, all four tires clawing for grip is a LOT of fun
i have never had the pleasure yet of being in an AWD car yet, my next car will probably be one.
I've been in several, they're a HOOT.

I'm split as to the system the Focus RS should have. My vote's for something from Haldex, strikingly similar to what's in the WRC car :ph34r:
if its similar to the haldex used in a3/tt/r32 it only powers the rear wheels when the fronts slip

grabbed this off wikipedia

Quote:Disadvantages of the Haldex system are: the vehicle has inherent front-wheel drive handling characteristics (as when engine-braking, load is only applied on the front wheels, and due to the reactive nature of the Haldex-based quattro and slight lag time in the redistribution of engine power).

not like the inherent fwd characteristics part of htat....

Haldex is not the best system out there, and i don't think the WRC Focus uses that system anyways.
Someone at ford should get fired! Ford is an American comp, and all the good s*** is in europe. I'm serious, we should do something to show how we hate the 2008 focus and how we want the euro focus. Any idea how to show ford how unhappy we are?
If we have to drive to the head office in our focus's and block the entrance of the parking lot, I'm in! I'll drive from Calgary to do this, if there's enough of you guys ready to make a statement!
well the volvo AWD systems ut looks to employ have a more advanced stability and yaw control than the prevouse evo.. the system is active in that iut sort of anticipates the drivers next move but not enough yo take control out the hands of the wheel man... it's a hybrid between subaru and mitsu's tried and true designs.. the diffs arn't super fancey but the system controling there variables is :D
As long as it works I don't give a s*** if they pulp smurfs for diff oil. :D
i have the perfect way to show ford (or any company) how unhappy you are..... don't buy any of their products in the future and encourage others to do the same :)

EDIT: the dynamic suspension in the awd volvos seems cool.. i just can't imagine driving a S60R instead of an evo/sti/s4 if i was looking for an AWD sedan though
for sure any Audi with Quattro for an AWD sedan, prefer the S4 or RS4