FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How To Treat Replacement Leather Seat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ford actually replaced the leather drivers side seat surface that had been cracking w/o a fuss. But I notice that it's very dry leather compared to what's original to the car.

What's the best stuff to use at this point or should I wait ti treat it a few days? :huh:

NefCanuck
i use "Mother's" Leather cleaner 2 or so times a month and its good enough for me

after that they recommend to spray some "Mother's" Leather conditioner but i don't bother since it cost $$
That is a good way to do it!!!
i use armor all leather cleaner/conditioner wipes on my motorcycle leathers. i use em every day exposed to the elements and they are fine. i wouldn't sweat using the most expensive stuff.. just get a dedicated leather condition/cleaner and use it regularly and the leather will be fine

also, i noticed one time that it is getting in/out that bunches up the thigh and seat bolsters, so now i am more careful when i am getting in and out to do it 'cleanly' (ie try to get my foot firmly on the ground and then putting my weight on that rather than bunching up the bolsters)

again.. i wouldn't sweat it.. its a daily driven car.. these things happen...
naz,Jun 28 2007, 07:25 PM Wrote:also, i noticed one time that it is getting in/out that bunches up the thigh and seat bolsters, so now i am more careful when i am getting in and out to do it 'cleanly' (ie try to get my foot firmly on the ground and then putting my weight on that rather than bunching up the bolsters) 

again.. i wouldn't sweat it.. its a daily driven car.. these things happen...
[right][snapback]242639[/snapback][/right]

Hrm, if how I get in & out of the seat could have led to this outcome, Ford's gonna be replacing the seating surface at least once more under the extended warranty methinks.

How I get into a car can best be described as "painful looking"

NefCanuck
I had the leather seats in my car .........is it real leather though?, or is pleather?
D-Dub,Jun 28 2007, 07: Wrote:I had the leather seats in my car .........is it real leather though?, or is pleather?
[right][snapback]242641[/snapback][/right]
In the Focus I think it's 5% leather.
CanadaSVT,Jun 28 2007, 07:38 PM Wrote:
D-Dub,Jun 28 2007, 07: Wrote:I had the leather seats in my car .........is it real leather though?, or is pleather?
[right][snapback]242642[/snapback][/right]

really? how lame
For the Focus Ford claims "leather seating surfaces" which means where you're butt and back goes is leather (yup, real leather) and the rest is vinyl.

CanadaSVT,Jun 28 2007, 08:38 PM Wrote:
[right][snapback]242642[/snapback][/right]
The 'best' stuff out there (so I've read) is Lexol. You can get it through most horse tack shops cheaper than detailing shops. They use it for saddles, chaps, etc...

My dad uses the Meguiar's Gold Class leather conditioning wipes on his new Mustang, and it still looks good (it is a 2006 though).

Ryan
reldridge,Jul 4 2007, 07:44 AM Wrote:The 'best' stuff out there (so I've read) is Lexol. You can get it through most horse tack shops cheaper than detailing shops. They use it for saddles, chaps, etc...

My dad uses the Meguiar's Gold Class leather conditioning wipes on his new Mustang, and it still looks good (it is a 2006 though).

Ryan
[right][snapback]243057[/snapback][/right]

I ended up buying the Meguiar's stuff at Crappy Tire. Cleaned all the leather up nice but it couldn't hide the fact that the new seat cover came from an obviously different cow -sigh- Ah well, worse things have happened right? ;)

NefCanuck
The Focus is not leather. Guaranteed. They call it leather but there are very few car companies that actually use leather anymore. The only mass manufacturer of autos that uses leather front and back seats is Jaguar.

Not even the Benz has leather back seats, just the fronts.

And if you want a great product to use, go to Krown Rust. Great stuff.