FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cruisin' For Ms (sept. 9, Sw Ontario)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cruisin' for MS

Fifth Annual Cruisin' for MS
Taking place Sunday, Sept. 9th. Starts in London, drive approx. 200 KMs around southwestern Ontario, ends at the Plunkett Estate... more details to follow.

This is a charity car cruise that benefits the MS Society. Proceeds go to research to find a cause and cure for MS, and services for local people living with MS.

website: www.cruisinforms.com (some details & photos from previous years)
email: cruisin@mssociety.ca
MS Society website: www.mssociety.ca

Please consider joining us for fun and to support a great cause! We would love to have local Focus owners be a part of the group... one of our members owns two! B)
Sounds like a lot of fun, I'd be up for it!
jen_deans,Jun 27 2007, 04:16 PM Wrote:Sounds like a lot of fun, I'd be up for it!
[right][snapback]242525[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for your interest, may I mail you a brochure? It has event details, FAQ's, facts about multiple sclerosis, and a registration sheet in case you decide to be a part of our cruise.

I'm hoping we can get some Focuses (Foci?) involved--we've been running this event since 2003 and have never had a Focus!! :(

Cheers,

Nelson (you can email me directly at cruisin@mssociety.ca)
I realize now that I didn't even mention anything about prizes, so I should add that part of it. After all, participants deserve our deepest appreciation.

Besides having a blast, meals/beverages and free admission all day, you also get...

$1500+ Select from the categories below or choose from a list of specialty prizes when you submit your pledges.

BONUS! Receive a Cruisin’ commemorative gift when you submit $1000 in pledges!

$1000 Roots $100 Gift Certificate OR
Canadian Tire $100 Gift Card

$800 Canadian Tire $80 Gift Card OR
Chapters $80 Gift Card

$600 Roots $60 Gift Certificate OR
Chapters $60 Gift Card

BONUS! Receive a Cruisin’ commemorative gift when you submit $500 in pledges!

$450 Canadian Tire $40 Gift Certificate OR
Four Cineplex Galaxy Movie Tickets

$350 Chapters $30 Gift Card OR
Roots $30 Gift Certificate

$250 Canadian Tire $20 Gift Card OR
Two Cineplex Galaxy Movie Tickets

$150 All participants who raise the $150 minimum pledge (or more) will receive the official Cruisin’ for MS t-shirt and dash plaque.
A bit too early and a bit too far for me and the family ... but it's an excellent cause and I'd be willing to sponsor a member or two who are participating. Send me a PM.
Hi again guys and gals, Cruisin' for MS is less than six weeks away, if anyone is interested in joining us please email cruisin@mssociety.ca or phone 1-888-510-7777 to register. Hope you can join us!! :D
We're looking into getting a group rate for a motel Saturday, Sept. 8th (night before the cruise). If you're coming from out of town and are looking for a place to stay, please email me at nelson.couto@mssociety.ca to let me know.

Our group is growing larger by the day; if you want to come but haven't registered already please don't put it off because it's less than 5 weeks away now! :shock:
We had our event yesterday and despite the iffy weather, it was a great time. We had a Focus in the cruise, our first ever and hopefully just the beginning! I rode in it briefly on the Plunkett Estate, what a great little car!

I'm happy to announce that we raised approximately $22,500, a 30% increase over last year--this event just keeps getting bigger and better!

It was quite a site seeing all the cars coming and going out of the Pit Stops. If you haven't been to a charity car cruise (Cruisin' for MS or any different one) I suggest you try it next year!

Cruisin' for MS will take place again on Sept. 7, 2008. If you guys and gals would have me, I'd love to attend a club meeting this winter to ask your club to make Cruisin' an official club event!
Hi guys and gals, it took awhile but the 2007 Cruisin' for MS web page has just been finalized! Check it out at www.cruisinforms.com. You'll notice that a Ford Focus has its moment of glory in the write-up! :D

Please share this link with anyone you know who loves cars and/or has a loved on with MS. Mark your new calendars--Sunday, Sept. 7, 2008 is the date of the next cruise.