FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Misfire/ Hesitation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After reading through all of the hesitation posts, I still have a problem. When starting off from a stop, or accelerating, my car stumbles almost like its misfiring. Even in the driveway when i pull the throttle, it hesitates very rough for a split second then runs fine. i did the workaround for the DPFE sensor with no luck. New fuel filter, new wires, air filter cleaning (K&N) and new plugs (Autolite 5144). Also i get very crappy gas mileage, about 300kms per tank. 2003 SPI. Thanks.
fuel pump on its way out??
ZX5focused,Jun 25 2007, 10:33 PM Wrote:fuel pump on its way out??
[right][snapback]242368[/snapback][/right]

Dont think so... maybe

Hmmm Thats a head scratcher. Run any Cleaner through the gas?
sticking injector??

where do you normally buy your gas?
I live in calgary and usually use Husky Gas and never have any problems. We find our car runs best on this gas.

What do you recommend for fuel for fuel injector cleaner, or should I take it to a shop and get it done?

JAD,Jun 25 2007, 10:58 PM Wrote:I live in calgary and usually use Husky Gas and never have any problems.  We find our car runs best on this gas.

What do you recommend for fuel for fuel injector cleaner, or should I take it to a shop and get it done?
[right][snapback]242372[/snapback][/right]

Lucas Injector cleaner and upper cyl lube.
The only thing I use.
If you need an oilchange put a can of wynns in with the oil. Its good stuff.
jsut go to crappy tire and grab a bottle of STP injector cleaner or similar as a start
I dont know much about the SPI, but what about the wires going to your coil pack?
that sounds more like common spi problem..
best thing is to hook up obd ii code reader to see what is goingon, but from what i saw and heard, coil pack fixed problem.
start with changing spark plugs, wires, coilpack.
The wires were replaced not too long ago. Original coil pack(from what i can tell). it seems to have gotten worse since I put new plugs in last night??? proper gap and everything. I will get new wires on the weekend. thanks for the help.
Try going to a shop that has the ability to check fuel ecconomy while driving, don't clear any codes with an after market scanner, you will erase any OBDII mode 6 information that might help the next tech that has to look at your car.

JAD,Jun 25 2007, 08:58 PM Wrote:I live in calgary and usually use Husky Gas and never have any problems.  We find our car runs best on this gas.

[right][snapback]242372[/snapback][/right]
Yeah... really get on doing that coil pack if you haven't already. The factory one was a real pain for us on the last car.
JAD,Jun 26 2007, 08:18 PM Wrote:The wires were replaced not too long ago.  Original coil pack(from what i can tell).  it seems to have gotten worse since I put new plugs in last night???  proper gap and everything.  I will get new wires on the weekend.  thanks for the help.
[right][snapback]242435[/snapback][/right]

Im not talking about saprk plug wires, I'm talking about the electrical connection that plugs into the coil.
maybe check the O2 sensor? i had a similar hestiation and bad gas mileage symptoms on one of my old cars that had a bad 02 sensor
i replaced the DPFE sensor today, and the old one had ALOT of water in it, and one vacuum tube wasn't attched to anything. With a new srensor should the car run smooth immediatly after...do i need to drive it awhile. Maybe there is water in the vacuum tubes?? The check engine light is still on.
DPFEGR sensor is attatched to the exhaust system - no vacuum lines. check the codes in the PCM if the code is p0401 it is related to the DPFEGR. Try disconnecting the battery and then drive it for awhile. if the check engine light stays off then you are a good fixxer! :D