FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Luck Sucks...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, they say that bad things always happen in 3's, and I'm starting to beleive that, as this past week was the 2nd week in my life that 3 bad things have happened for me. While I was at work last wednesday, I was putting some spare parts for one of our large trucks away on some shelves, and as I was putting the big one away, it started to fall, and ended up sliding down my face, resulting in a large scratch down the right side of my face.

But, that's not so bad, and I wasn't too grumpy about it. Now, on wednesday night, I got a call from my gf later into the evening. She called me to tell me why she wasn't online at all, and wasn't answering her phone. It turned out that she was admitted to the Civic Hospital on Carling in Ottawa...22 years old, with blood clots near her heart and lungs. I was worried and upset at first, because I knew it was going to be difficult to be able to get time off work to go and visit her.

The next day, thursday, I was driving a co worker of mine, and myself back to the base, when a female deer ran out in front of me during a thunderstorm. Considering that it was raining and I was going around a curve in the road when the deer ran in front of my car, it was just my luck to keep my foot on the accelerator instead of putting on the brakes (happened instantly, so I had no time to react). Needless to say, I put the mustang into a spin, which I tried to recover, and started to do so, but the car had already come around almost 180 degrees, and I slid sideways up onto a grass burm right in front of an apartment building. Becuase the car slid sideways uphill, the front bumper was destroyed as it plowed into the hill, and the left side of the car hit a sign post, which smashed in the left 1/4 panel between the drivers door, and rear wheel. It also damaged the drivers door, and ripped the left side skirt completely off the car.

Me and my friend both walked away unscathed, and the car still runs and drives like a champ, and the airbags and whatnot weren't deployed.

I've since gotten the car dropped off at a body shop, and I'm driving a 2008 Dodge Avenger SXT (the car is nice, but the 4cyl engine and 4spd auto are totally wimpy to me), and I'm down in Ottawa at my gf's place. She bounced back so fast from her ailments, that the docotrs released her this morning, and she's now home resting, so I'm happy about that.

Anyways, hope everyone else's luck is better than mine...

L8tz
not a good week man, but glad to hear your not hurt
Well at least you and your girlfriend are ok., That sucks about the car but you werent hurt so oh well
Glad you came out of the accident unscathed man.
It's good to hear you're both coming around, and the car can be repaired.

Make sure you get the alignment checked after that spin-out.

Here's to a better week next week! :beerchug:
Glad to hear that the GF is recovering. The car can be repaired and your lucky that is wasn't more damaged. Hopefully things start coming around for you and the bad luck stops at 3.
it is good that you are ok, and that she will be. the thing is bad things happen in 3's.... so you should be good for a while now.
That is a bad week but it looks like everything is heading back on track.
Car parts can be replaced....people can't be, so it could have been a lot worse right? Hopefully no permant damage to your face either. Keep looking up, things have to get better.
Thanks for the kind words everybody...

I'm actually considering trading the Stang in on either an 06 Black on Black Fusion SEL V6, or possibly go back to another Foci (either an ST sedan, or an SVT this time). As it stands, my car needs over $3800 in repairs, according to the estimate given to me by the body shop. The insurance company approved it all, and they are going to keep renting the Avenger for me until my car is done.

For the time being, I'm exploring different avenues, as to whether or not I want to keep the car, as I have a personal stigma about driving/owning a "fixed" car, but I'll have to wait and see if that feeling changes when I see the results from the body shop.

My gf is doing a LOT better now, and the doctors have approved her coming to Petawawa for the long wkd, so I'm totally stoked about that...

Thanks again, and I'll let you all know what I decide to do, car-wise...
Get a 2007 ZX3/5 and turbo the biznitch! All the fun you'll need, and the Stage 2 FS guys hang with 05+ Stangs all day long at the track.

I'm getting jitters again just thinking about the install... mmmm....
I might end up just swallowing my pride, and keep the thing. I've been doing some thinking, researching, and number running, and right now it sounds/looks like I'd be unpleasantly upside down on my financing, even with a car that's as much as half the amount I paid for my Mustang. I'll have the other car basically for free, plus cash, but I'll still have the original amount I paid for the Stang to pay off, with the difference being added to the loan on the new car.

If I keep DO keep the stang, then modifications will ensue when funds are available. The first of which will be Stangmods Bi-Xenon HID conversion kits for the headlights, in a 6000K temp. Also, the Stanmods Foglight HID kit in 6000K colour temp, and an Infinity Basslink in the trunk for some added low end...

L8tz