FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Why?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A young girl of 13 lost both feet at 6 Flags Amusement park yesterday.....same ride at Wonderland shut down for inspection.

Why does this stuff happen? I know we don't know HOW, yet, but to me, there should be NO chance of it happening!

CLICKY

As a parent, this makes me sick to the stomach. That poor child will never be the same. :( :(
Having worked there at Wonderland years ago, I can well imagine how these things happen. Procedures tend to get glossed over in the rush to "keep 'em moving"

NefCanuck
From what I read, it was @ Six flags, not wonderland!
They only shutdown "the drop Zone" @ Wonderland to inspect it.
yeah im kinda scared to get on drop zone next week now :(
A 13-year-old girl's feet were severed just above the ankles Thursday as she rode the Superman Tower of Power ride at a Six Flags amusement park.

Not wonderland!!!Six flags. Wonderland is closed for inspections only
I know that but the fact that it is the same kinda ride freaks me out ,
mo_focus,Jun 23 2007, 10:42 AM Wrote:A 13-year-old girl's feet were severed just above the ankles Thursday as she rode the Superman Tower of Power ride at a Six Flags amusement park.

Not wonderland!!!Six flags. Wonderland is closed for inspections only
[right][snapback]242175[/snapback][/right]

Whoops, my bad...edited.

Tx Mo.
thats sad

someones getting a million bucks
D-Dub,Jun 23 2007, 02: Wrote:someones getting a million bucks
[right][snapback]242190[/snapback][/right]

I'd prefer them to try and sow my feet back on. :ph34r:
Flofocus,Jun 27 2007, 09:41 AM Wrote:
D-Dub,Jun 23 2007, 02: Wrote:someones getting a million bucks
[right][snapback]242190[/snapback][/right]

I'd prefer them to try and sow my feet back on. :ph34r:
[right][snapback]242492[/snapback][/right]

Dude, even if they try, no guarantee that they'll ever work right again (assuming that the operation to reattach 'em both is sucessful in the first place :ph34r:)

NefCanuck
oh I know it probably wont work, my post wa smore to say "They can keep the million bucks, I'd rather have my 2 feet" ;)
Flofocus,Jun 27 2007, 09:46 AM Wrote:oh I know it probably wont work, my post wa smore to say "They can keep the million bucks, I'd rather have my 2 feet"  ;)
[right][snapback]242494[/snapback][/right]

Ah, true, true...

It's like that doctor years ago that proposed as a way to "straighten out my right arm" to loosen the tendons to the point where my right arm would be nothing more than a gate arm (IE: No bend at the wrist or at the elbow)

I was all like "WTF? Dude I'd rather have what little movement and control that I do have than agree to have less even if it did look better" :rolleyes:

NefCanuck
I read recently they re-attached one of her feet, and that she is doing much better then she was earlier. still I kinda feel bad for her as she has a long road to recovery ahead of her.