FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: For Those Of You Buying New Appliances
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read recently that as of July 1st, the Ontario governement has exempted the provincial sales tax on all energy star appliances for one year.

Even the halogen lightbulbs are going tax free.

So for those of us moving or needing new appliances.......whooohoo!
Geez, just in time for the October election. Didn't McGuilty cancel that program right after he took over from the Tories? Maybe McGuilty will do something about the Liberal health tax, like get rid of it or actually put it towards healthcare instead of his slush fund. And maybe he'll put back the OHIP coverage of eye exams? Maybe then I'll vote for the lying bastard. NOT! :rolleyes:
I love this... McSquinty shuts down the parilmentary session and is handing out goodies like crazy under the guise of "public policy" The implicit threat being "vote for us or all these goodies may not survive the election"

Disgusting... and I voted for that lying sack in '03...

Fool me once Mc Squnity....

NefCanuck
I can't believe that I voted for that lying sack of crap in '03 but when I bought my house back in September there was a by-election going on and I quickly got on the voters list and proceeded to vote for anybody that did not have the backing of the provincial Liberal party.

Laterz :)