FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Honda And Ford Top Best Sales Month
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Honda and Ford top best sales month in Canadian history, analyst says
June 21. 2007
Source: Canadian driver

Richmond Hill, Ontario - The Honda Civic and the Ford F-Series topped car and light truck sales in May, the best single month of sales in the history of the automotive sector in Canada, according to industry analyst Dennis DesRosiers.

DesRosiers noted that only one vehicle in the top ten, the Toyota Yaris, qualified for the federal rebate, due to its fuel economy. He also noted that the Yaris was up 8.8 per cent, while the Honda Civic and Mazda3, neither of which qualifies, were up 39.8 and 23.8 per cent respectively. "Maybe all the 'feebates' are doing is moving a few consumers from compact vehicles to subcompact vehicles," DesRosiers says. "Maybe 0.5 L/100 km better fuel efficiency, and that may be stretching it a bit."

The top ten best-selling passenger cars in May were, in order, the Honda Civic, Mazda3, Toyota Corolla, Toyota Yaris, Chevrolet Cobalt, Pontiac Pursuit/G5, Toyota Camry, Toyota Matrix, Nissan Versa and Ford Focus.

The top ten year-to-date passenger car sales to the end of May, in order, were the Honda Civic, Mazda3, Toyota Corolla, Toyota Yaris, Chevrolet Cobalt, Toyota Camry, Pontiac Pursuit/G5, Ford Focus, Nissan Versa and Toyota Matrix.

The top ten best-selling light trucks in May were, in order, the Ford F-Series, Dodge Caravan, GMC Sierra, Chevrolet Silverado, Dodge Ram, Ford Escape/Escape Hybrid, Pontiac Montana SV6, Chevrolet Uplander, Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4.

The top ten year-to-date light trucks, to the end of May, were the Ford F-Series, Dodge Caravan, GMC Sierra, Dodge Ram, Chevrolet Silverado, Ford Escape/Escape Hybrid, Ford Ranger, Chevrolet Uplander, Pontiac Montana SV6 and Honda CR-V.
Focus in the top Ten!!!
Everyone wants one of the "last" real North A. Focus since they unveilled the "new" one, lol.
Trying to convince my gf to trade her '04 for an '07 ;) ... but she wants an Edge instead :D
Gravter,Jun 21 2007, 10:42 AM Wrote:Everyone wants one of the "last" real North A. Focus since they unveilled the "new" one, lol.
Trying to convince my gf to trade her '04 for an '07 ;) ... but she wants an Edge instead :D
[right][snapback]241977[/snapback][/right]
Ask her what colour she likes, maybe she wants the colour of theEdge in the commercials
We actually stopped in at a local dealer last month and they had a red one with black interior that she realy liked. she dosen't like the "blazing copper" one and neither the "creme brulee". The "alloy clearcoat" one is a popular choice around here.

Let me know if you need an X-Plan PIN.

Personally I like the Edge in the RedFire colour.
There is a colour that is not very common but, IMO, the best colour available for the Edge. Not don't get all grumpy and judging.

The colour is dark Amethyst. Yes purple. It is very dark, almost black, and is by far the best colour on the Edge.
Given how hard the local GTA Ford dealers are pushing the '07 Focus I'm not surprised that it made the top ten in sales (One local dealer is selling pimped out SES trim level Focus sedans for under $20k, could probably walk out under $24K all in)

I really like the look of the Edge, might even ask for a nose around after I drop the car off for the 60K look see if the couresty shuttle isn't at the dealer when I get there.

NefCanuck
OAC_Sparky,Jun 21 2007, 02:28 PM Wrote:Let me know if you need an X-Plan PIN.

[right][snapback]242017[/snapback][/right]

Thanks... I may just do that.
I had a X-Plan pin for my '07 ST but my friend will no longer be working for Ford soon as she was informed about downsizing in progress. Only way she could keep her job would be to move 6 hours away!

Thanks for the offer... will keep in mind ;)
My Aunt and Uncle just got an 07 Focus...they like it a LOT
Ford Family Pricing incentive is coming July 4th ... it's usually better than X-Plan since it's based on the A-Plan price.

And even better news if you're leasing ... by all accounts (a little birdy told me) it looks like FoC is holding most 2nd quarter residuals through the third quarter - and if they do, that in conjunction with the Family Pricing should result in some of the lowest lease payments of the year.

OAC_Sparky,Jun 21 2007, 02:28 PM Wrote:Let me know if you need an X-Plan PIN.

[right][snapback]242017[/snapback][/right]
meford4u,Jun 21 2007, 03:30 PM Wrote:The colour is dark Amethyst.  Yes purple.  It is very dark, almost black, and is by far the best colour on the Edge.
[right][snapback]242021[/snapback][/right]
I like that colour too, but they're discontinuing that colour for the '08s.
Every one is buying right now because the next focus looks like crap!
if rental fleet sales aren't backed out of those numbers i suspect that is a huge driver of ford focus sales