FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Leather Seat Bolsters Cracking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm cleaning up the car today and I'm notice that the leather drivers seat in my Focus is showing signs of horrific cracking on the seat bolsters, I mean we're talking ready to split along the cracks here, but only on the seat bolsters an d no where else in the car.

Is this considered normal behavior for the Focus leather seats or should I be booking a visit to the dealer to have them look at it? (Car in service date was Sept '04, mileage 52,000km so basic warranty is still at play here)

Between that and the passenger door rubber guard falling nearly off (another reason to book a service appt. at Ford anyhow) this wasn't a great car wash <_<

NefCanuck
They should be covered under the bumper to bumper (and more if you took the extended warranty). Good luck bud.
Thanks NOS,

I can't bring it in tomorrow, but I'll definitely go in this week and talk to my dealership about this (I can almost hear the service adviser trying to pass this off as normal behavior initially until I invite them to go look at the car and how well maintained I keep it :P)

NefCanuck
you shouldnt have too much trouble getting the seat repaired i had to get the seat skin on my passenger side replaced for the same problem
dealer didnt argue or anything just ordered the new skin.now my driver side is doin the same guess im on my way back to get another one done
I remember reading about this is a TSB somewhere, it should be under warrenty. That sucks. Make sure when it gets fixed the new leather is the same as the old.
Goodluck