FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Ford Story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't ask how I stubmled onto this site I really don't remember but I thought I would contribute.

It's a site thats run by Ford for customers to post up there Idea's of course I searched for RS related ideas but didn't really see any that mentioned north america so I did. Check out the link below and give me a thumbs up and feel free to add coments or your own story.

Click Here for Link
If they don't announce an RS for North America by June 2011 it will be unlikely that I will be a Focus driver any more, unless I keep this one as a beater.

Mind you, at this point even if they bring the RS I'm leaning towards what was my second choice. The wife wants me to get the "other car". ZTW (Ken) knows what I'm talking about. :ph34r:
OAC_Sparky,Apr 19 2010, 06:31 PM Wrote:If they don't announce an RS for North America by June 2011 it will be unlikely that I will be a Focus driver any more, unless I keep this one as a beater.

Mind you, at this point even if they bring the RS I'm leaning towards what was my second choice. The wife wants me to get the "other car". ZTW (Ken) knows what I'm talking about. :ph34r:
[right][snapback]305450[/snapback][/right]

Well now you must tell us....Or do you want me to ask the wife?

;)
NikiterZTS,Apr 19 2010, 07:11 PM Wrote:
OAC_Sparky,Apr 19 2010, 06:31 PM Wrote:If they don't announce an RS for North America by June 2011 it will be unlikely that I will be a Focus driver any more, unless I keep this one as a beater.

;)
[right][snapback]305456[/snapback][/right]
you can if you want. it's not like you wouldn't have some time to kill Speedy.:lol:
i doubt the actual RS will ever come here, its a slim to none chance. as for their global performance focus its possible...

the RS would have to be priced like the original SRT-4 was, for it to compete, the majority of people are not going to pay 35k for a focus even if it has every bell and whistle on it. would be nice to have the RS here though, i did some reading and it uses the 6speed getrag tranny like the svt.
OAC_Sparky,Apr 19 2010, 09:00 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Apr 19 2010, 07:11 PM Wrote:

;)
[right][snapback]305456[/snapback][/right]
you can if you want. it's not like you wouldn't have some time to kill Speedy.:lol:
[right][snapback]305474[/snapback][/right]

Yep, that's cause I'm actually able to speed. Just stomp it and it goes type of a thing.
NikiterZTS,Apr 19 2010, 10:54 PM Wrote:Yep, that's cause I'm actually able to speed. Just stomp it and it goes type of a thing.
[right][snapback]305484[/snapback][/right]
You obviously missed the meaning of my post.
OAC_Sparky,Apr 19 2010, 07:31 PM Wrote:If they don't announce an RS for North America by June 2011 it will be unlikely that I will be a Focus driver any more, unless I keep this one as a beater.

I doubt it would come to NA... it'd be competing against the mustang, and it would likely cost more than a comparable v6 stang.

Sure it may do the twisties and be a bit lighter than the 'stang, but since when has the general populace cared about that?
sure north america neeeds an RS, but they dont need the price tag associated with it :(
Well part of the problem with getting an RS is that the insurance on a loaded 2011 Mustang GT is the same as my '05 Focus ST. And I mean exactly the same, for a $24G 155HP Focus vs a $41G 415HP Mustang.
IIRC, That is so wrong IMHO.
paolo,Apr 24 2010, 08:16 AM Wrote:IIRC, That is so wrong IMHO.
[right][snapback]305815[/snapback][/right]
To what are you referring?
The difference in insurance from my 01 ZX3 to my 05 Mustang GT was like $12.00 per month...I know what you mean...