FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Any Of You Good At Building Decks?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pretty self explainitory I guess. I need to do a partial rebuild of my back deck/porch due to a combination of wind damage and rot. It would take a skilled person not even one afternoon.

It would entail cutting away the rotten stuff, tacking on doublers and erecting/framing an 8' section of latice wall.

I can email pics if anyone thinks they want to take it on.

I am in East York right off the DVP at Don Mills South and there are two Home Depots close by.
How about I call it a "Focus meet" instead and feed you all pizza and beer in return for "many hands make light work". :lol:

No, really.

I desparatly need to borrow a "Sawsall" off someone at the very least for a day. I am passing by every exit off the QEW between TO and St Kitts practically every day this week. I have a ship in dry-dock in the Hammer and meetings at the HOJO in St. Catharines.

I am bound for Grand Bend on Friday if you are London way??????

I need to cut the rot out fast, I has carpenter ants!!!!!111!!!1!!111!!

The "fix" I have in mind is not about "pretty" merely structural until my budget allows a full on pimpin wrap around deck.
If you're stuck without the sawzall, let me know. I has a nice porter-cable one sitting here.

I may be heading up that way on Saturday, but not entirely positive.

Sucks that I'm 15 minutes from St Catharines, and there is a pain in the ass border crossing in the way. Stupid borders.

Wish you would have posted that up on Wednesday or something, because I was in TO all weekend :(
I'd certainly lend a hand at deck building if that happens. Right now though my access to the company sawzall is limited since moving into the office.
I'll ask around though.