FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My New Car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
well guys, if you have read some of my last post, i was lookin at getting rid of the foci..well, it's gone and this is my new ride, mind you a few little things have been done since i've picked it up and even taken these pics...the ride is now tinted and i'm working on a custom stereo set up behind the seats (going fibreglass)..but here's some pics to give you an idea what i picked up..oh! and the tail lights aren't staying! Gonna pick up some smoked ones

[Image: IMG_1524.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1523.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1522.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1521.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1520.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1519.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1518.jpg]

and yes, that is carbon fibre, it has been dropped and does have an exhaust (looks rice, i know :( )
i like this lil car.....i'd get rid of those tails though.....and what engine does it have?
Nice ride. Is the hood CF?
NikiterZTS,Jun 15 2007, 10:36 PM Wrote:i like this lil car.....i'd get rid of those tails though.....and what engine does it have?
[right][snapback]241504[/snapback][/right]

it's got the D16 i think :blink: does that make sense? lol...it's a single overhead 1.6 and i do believe it has Vtech, don't quote me on it tho

hardk0re,Jun 15 2007, 11:05 PM Wrote:Nice ride.  Is the hood CF?
[right][snapback]241506[/snapback][/right]

and kev, yes it is carbon fibre..you would know this if you would read lol...j/k
I just look at the pictures :)
if your changing the tail lights go with stock as they are rare on a Del Sol suprisingly.
Frost__2001,Jun 15 2007, 11:41 PM Wrote:if your changing the tail lights go with stock as they are rare on a Del Sol suprisingly.
[right][snapback]241510[/snapback][/right]

rare cause they look discusting lol..i hate the look of the stock lights, no offence
i see a k series swap in your future!!!!

nice car... i wish my car weighed 2300lbs
smith21,Jun 15 2007, 10:15 PM Wrote:it's got the D16 i think  :blink:  does that make sense? lol...it's a single overhead 1.6 and i do believe it has Vtech, don't quote me on it tho

[right][snapback]241507[/snapback][/right]

yea u defenetly need a swap brother :)

Very nice car Brian. :)
naz,Jun 16 2007, 02:50 AM Wrote:i see a k series swap in your future!!!!

[right][snapback]241517[/snapback][/right]

k series swap? What is that? :unsure:
I believe the K-series is the engine in the S2000 if memory serves... H22/A is the last-gen Prelude motor and B/D-series are the more-popular Civic engines (JDM is preferred here, and B/D is DOHC/SOHC respectively).

Don't hate my semi-knowledge :P, my brother has driven Hondas since he got his license - the one that wrecked his arm. I have no choice but to learn as I attempt to keep him out of the garbage scow-class used cars from time to time.

Brian - when are you coming to the Bay again? I'll see if I can make sure we're around, we can check out each other's new rides! Failing that, I'll be in Suds for the Canada Day long weekend.
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 16 2007, 10:31 AM Wrote:I believe the K-series is the engine in the S2000 if memory serves... H22/A is the last-gen Prelude motor and B/D-series are the more-popular Civic engines (JDM is preferred here, and B/D is DOHC/SOHC respectively).

Don't hate my semi-knowledge :P, my brother has driven Hondas since he got his license - the one that wrecked his arm. I have no choice but to learn as I attempt to keep him out of the garbage scow-class used cars from time to time.

Brian - when are you coming to the Bay again? I'll see if I can make sure we're around, we can check out each other's new rides! Failing that, I'll be in Suds for the Canada Day long weekend.
[right][snapback]241528[/snapback][/right]

doubt i'm gonna be in the bay anytime soon...really busy up here, but i'll msg you my cell..gimme a ring when you come into town
smith21,Jun 16 2007, 07:08 AM Wrote:
naz,Jun 16 2007, 02:50 AM Wrote:i see a k series swap in your future!!!!

[right][snapback]241517[/snapback][/right]

k series swap? What is that? :unsure:
[right][snapback]241527[/snapback][/right]

I think a K series, is the motor that is in the RSX type S and Civic Si hatch

The S2000 motor is a sideways mount so I don't think it can work for a swap

Anyways nice car and good luck
yea i was thinking rsx type s or tsx motor swap when i said k series

i haven't been keeping up on the honda boards apparently that is the 'swap of the future' (ie b series vtec swaps aren't the shizzle anymore)
Cute little car, but its not practical if it's your only car IMO...

Too many limitations due to the design, but a fun 2nd car I will readily admit ;)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jun 17 2007, 03:41 AM Wrote:Cute little car, but its not practical if it's your only car IMO...
[right][snapback]241567[/snapback][/right]
you mean sticking long pieces of wood out of the open roof ISN'T a good idea?! :ph34r:
^^ It is if you add pontoons and a sail! :lol:
Looks to be in great shape.

Always liked those cars, but I would have gone with a CRX. I miss that car :(
naz,Jun 18 2007, 12:48 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jun 17 2007, 03:41 AM Wrote:Cute little car, but its not practical if it's your only car IMO...
[right][snapback]241567[/snapback][/right]
you mean sticking long pieces of wood out of the open roof ISN'T a good idea?! :ph34r:
[right][snapback]241629[/snapback][/right]

Only if you want to use the car as a killing machine :lol:

(Go around the corner and take out a pedestrian with a blow to the head from the cargo! :ph34r:)

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2