FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hamilton Predators
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Predators tickets on sale in Hamilton.
oldeguy,Jun 14 2007, 11:07 AM Wrote:Predators tickets on sale in Hamilton.
[right][snapback]241369[/snapback][/right]
Actually, it's a deposit for fist dibs on a season ticket IF they come to Hamilton.

I put in for my two already.

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/10003ECBE...04&minorcatid=9
OAC_Sparky,Jun 14 2007, 11:15 AM Wrote:
oldeguy,Jun 14 2007, 11:07 AM Wrote:Predators tickets on sale in Hamilton.
[right][snapback]241369[/snapback][/right]
Actually, it's a deposit for fist dibs on a season ticket IF they come to Hamilton.

I put in for my two already.

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/10003ECBE...04&minorcatid=9
[right][snapback]241372[/snapback][/right]
Maybe it'll wake up the Leafs organization.
I highly doubt it. The corporation doesn't care. They have their hooks in the lemmings already, and will for eternity.
torradan,Jun 14 2007, 11:28 AM Wrote:I highly doubt it.  The corporation doesn't care.  They have their hooks in the lemmings already, and will for eternity.
[right][snapback]241375[/snapback][/right]
There are concerns about how Buffalo will be affected.
oldeguy,Jun 14 2007, 11:43 AM Wrote:
torradan,Jun 14 2007, 11:28 AM Wrote:I highly doubt it.  The corporation doesn't care.  They have their hooks in the lemmings already, and will for eternity.
[right][snapback]241375[/snapback][/right]
There are concerns about how Buffalo will be affected.
[right][snapback]241379[/snapback][/right]

Just means the locals will be able to get tickets.

Works for me!
Much as I would like to put down a deposit on tickets to the Hamilton Steelheads (Or whatever they're renamed, no way Preds would survive a move north) I'm a realist:

Copps Coliseum is at best, a stop gap arena solution now and since Balsili (sp?) won't own the building he won't get all the revenues and will be looking to build an arena in short order (he'd better not with my tax money though <_<)

A team in Hamilton would hardly bother the Leafs, I mean its not like MLSEL is holding tag day sales since the Sens appeared in Ontario to split the pot. However Buffalo could feel the effects hardcore, which means that they and not the Leafs will likely be the biggest complainers should this pipedream somehow come to pass.

Finally, I can't see Butthead allowing a move of an NHL franchise from the US into Canada, it would basically admit that the US expansion has been a farce and other struggling teams would be eyeing places like Winnipeg very eagerly should the move happen and that's Butthead's worst nightmare...

A nice thought but ain't gonna happen folks...

NefCanuck
Don't count your chickens before they are hatched.

If the team is placed up in the KW area, and a new arena is built for them, it is out of the zone that would affect Buffalo and closer to reality than most of you think.

Copps in Hamilton would just be a stop gap until the new arena was finished.

Agree.

Not to mention to build an arena to the specs and needs of an NHL team...you're looking at 4 years minimum before it's ready.
meford4u,Jun 14 2007, 09:17 PM Wrote:Don't count your chickens before they are hatched.

If the team is placed up in the KW area, and a new arena is built for them, it is out of the zone that would affect Buffalo and closer to reality than most of you think.

Copps in Hamilton would just be a stop gap until the new arena was finished.
[right][snapback]241422[/snapback][/right]
KW doesn't have the corporate client base an NHL team needs to sell suites.

Actually, Copps has the size, it just needs an update. And yes, it would hurt Buffalo more than Toronto. Can't say that they're not in a tough spot anyways, once the new passport requirements come into full force, you'll definitely see less daytrippers going over anyways.