FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Seat Belt Minder + Key Pad Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

I have a question about the Seat Belt Minder. My light is staying on and still beeps even though the Driver's Side belt is plugged in. Any ideas?

Also I'm still looking for the factory code for my door key pad. I've tried the dealer, no help there because it was an aftermarket install. Ford itself refers me to the dealership. There are no stickers with the factory code on it in the manuals or on the car body, that I've found. My question is this, is there a serial number on the inside of these things that I could open up and copy down? Then call Ford for the factory code?

--Acid0057
You could try turning the seatbelt minder off and see if that works, the proceedure is in the owners manual. As for the keypad, sorry I have no idea.
SVT ZX3,Jun 12 2007, 09:50 AM Wrote:You could try turning the seatbelt minder off and see if that works, the proceedure is in the owners manual. As for the keypad, sorry I have no idea.
[right][snapback]241206[/snapback][/right]

Actually I already have the Minder off. First thing I did. I hate those things!!! But it still beeps like three times then the light stays on for about 2 minutes or so.
try programming your fobs and pads, that way you can set the new code. There are bunch of how to do's on this site as well as Focaljet. Just do a search and you will find out.

As for the seatbelt, try looking under yourseat, there should be some wire connected to the seatbelt, see if its still there.
here you go,

https://web.msslib.dealerconnection.com/Rig...9000c5880007f22

find Keyless entry (keypad) on page 86
find keyless entry (remotes) on page 79
If you do a search on Google for "Ford keyless entry keypad" there are a few results that may point you in the right direction. Look for a code on the remote entry computer (mentioned in some of the serach results). You enter that and the doors should unlock/lock and then you can also program your own code for the keypad.
if it keeps beeping and flashing the light it means that the connection inside or from the belt harness is pissed.
Its a ford fix sence that system can be a little weird or some cars.
@ Mason: My Minder just acts as if there was no belt plugged into the drivers side. Nothing funny about it. Checked the wiring below the seat and its ok.

@ cartcanuckZX5: It's an aftermarket add on to my car. So there is no sticker with the factory code on it on the Security computer. Also in the manual for it, its not there too.

Thank you for the help so far guys. Any other ideas?
More information. I have contacted both the dealership and Ford itself. They seem to think that this part was installed 3rd party. While it is a genuine Ford part, they don't have the scanners to get the factory code.

And when the dealership hooks up their computer to the car they can't get the code since it was installed after the car rolled off the lot.

Man this is a headache.
Can you take a picture of the pad. I'm lost now. Doesnt it look like any other ford keyless pads?
The aftermarket pad is probably just the "stuck on" one that was sold by Ford. Technically, it's not the same as the true Ford Keyless system.

What happens is that you program the keypad to your entry system the same way you would a new key fob, but instead of pushing the "unlock button" like you do with the key fob, you push the 4-digit entry code on the pad. Every 4 pushes, sends a different key code out. The cars computer stores the code, treats the pad like another fob.

So it should only be a matter of finding the proper directions for the pad and the fob programming procedure for your model Focus.

The only problem is this: that the original owner's combo will still work BUT, IIRC, you can program up to 4 fobs for the car. Which means that if you program both your fobs and the keypad twice, it will push the old number out of the queue.
If it is a FORD stick on key pad the I.D.S. scanner should be able to read the 'fob' codes that are stored in the PATS module. Try another dealer. If it's a Ford accessory, Ford should be able to find the information.
Thanks for the advice guys. It is a genuine Ford keypad. I'll take a pic of it and the manual for it later tonight or tomorrow for you guys.