FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My First 1/4 Runs...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

Well, I went to Luskville Dragway on the 9th of June with my gf and our 2 boys and had a blast.
Here is a video of my first run. It ain't the best but it's something.
For some reason, the MPH does not register on this video. It was 83.816 according to my timeslip.

My second runwhich I made 30 minutes later resulted in a 16.390 @ 84.220 mph

My third run (15 minutes later) gave me a 16.156 @ 84.821

And my last run (best one) gave me a 16.151 @ 85.108

So, I guess I was getting better with my shifting, but trust me, I'm actually good at shifting. I think the problem was I shifted too late (above 6200rpm) in my first few runs. On my last run, I shifted around 5900.

Also, looking at my 60 ft times, I see that my last run was the worst. I tried to take off @ about 2500 rpm and spun alot. It gave me a 2.504, and my best 60 foot was 2.409.

So, this was definetly not my last time at the track. Next time, I'll go without as much fuel (I was at about 1/2 tank) and had my kids car seats and a few things in the trunk which probably weight 50 lbs. in total.

I'll post another video later on which shows me getting my ass handed to me by a WRX doing 12.2 @ 113.5mph , lol. Man, that thing was quick!

Here is the link to my first run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhP4JT86Sss
nice vid man...and i like your car...wish i lived closer, i'd be glad to go to the track more often
Next time you go, let me know (a little sooner).

I want to come!
Thanks Nikiter. I live about 45 minutes away from the track :) Everyone should have a track atleast within 90 minutes of their home, lol.

@ZX3guy... no problem. I know it was a bit short notice, but it just happend that way for this time. I will post atleast a week or two in advance next time ;)

Oh, BTW, here is the video of me getting slaughtered by a WRX, well, I think thats what it was, lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPLtxm7iVjc

There was nearly 200 street cars registered on that day at the track!
and the sad part, I only saw one red Focus SVT 3 door for 2 minutes and never saw it again :( Did not even see what it ran.

----- EDIT -----
Okay, for some reason, the 2nd video says:
"Added: June 11, 2007, 09:04 PM
Broadcast: Public Video | Uploaded (processing, please wait)
Raw File: WRX vs. ST.wmv"

It's been like that for the last 10 hours... oh well, I guess I will upload again later tonight.
Let me know next time u go ill be down 2
i havent ran since i installed the exhaust, coil pack and live wires.
Nice work!
nice car !! and like you said everyone should have a track less thant 90 min near is home ... for me i have 3 .. i would like to go to luksville but its nears 3 ou 4 hours from here :S
Heads up people... the video of me getting my arse handed to me is now functionnal.

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPLtxm7iVjc

Can anyone confirm the model of this car? Looks like a 4 door WRX to me.
It had a carbon fiber hood with pins.
Good quality vid... bad quality result for you :(

NefCanuck
Gravter,Jun 13 2007, 04:35 PM Wrote:Can anyone confirm the model of this car?  Looks like a 4 door WRX to me.
It had a carbon fiber hood with pins.
[right][snapback]241280[/snapback][/right]

if that's the original color i'm pretty sure that's a '03 wrx (it has the 'bug eye' front end, and i think yellow was only an option in '03)

with a TON of modifications.. do you have any idea what was done to that car? what did it trap?
It ran a 12.2 @ 113mph !!!

This weekend, there are jet cars at Luskville Dragway.
Was thinking of going for the show, but have other plans with gf and our boys.