FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mid-life Crisis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My Sister-in-law, who lives in Brampton, came over for a visit with her new car. She had a 2002 Altima, but, she didn't want a Sedan anymore ( I don't know why). So, after pricing a 350Z, she settled for a piece of junk, Honda Civic Si.
I had a drive in it, and yes, it can go fast quickly, but, I'm still trying to get the buzzing out of my head. So, I said politely, that she bought a piece of junk and should have picked up a Focus ST or a SVT, but if she's happy, then I'm happy for her. So, I guess she going to be telling the rest of my wife's family that I'm going a little soft in the head. And for $30,000, no foglights
Yeah, I agree... Focus ST for a small car. Or, if she wanted true midlife crisis, pick up a used 2005 Mustang GT for that kind of money.
yeah but with Honda & Toyota your paying more for the name then you are for the options you get in the car you buy. and that is a true fact.

Hell for that kind of money she could have also got a nice mid range Mitsubishi Eclips or Eclips Spyder for that.
i hear really good feedback about those new Civics Si's.....i will have to test drive one :)
NikiterZTS,Jun 11 2007, 11:13 AM Wrote:i hear really good feedback about those new Civics Si's.....i will have to test drive one :)
[right][snapback]241108[/snapback][/right]
Wear earplugs. Too much cheap looking plastic on the interior. Save your money, go get a Focus SVt, throw in a Turbo too
civic = garbage , inside info (Focus st Rapped a honda sir on highway) dont ask me how I know lol
^^^ i donno...b16 and D23 should be really close.......my buddy has a swap SIR engine in his 4 door civic...all he added full exhaust.....that 4 door does 15.1 in 1/4

but i've read that a stock sir should do any where between 15.4 to 15.9

but i think he was talking about the new Si....the one with 190bhp
Yes ,the new one. Yes it goes fast, but, I didn't like the buzziness or the interior, or the exterior. And, as I said before, for $30,000.00, no foglights and cheap tires.
I just did a 16.1 @ 85.1mph on the 1/4 last weekend with my bone stock ST.
The Civic Si should be good for atleast a 15.4 or better.

My buddy took a ride in a Si last weekend and said it buzz's alot, but don't know if he meant sound wise or high rpm buzzing!

So, 30,000 for an Si is kinda steap. I paid 20,500 for my ST! I just need to put 4-5K in it and I'll be in the 14s quarter for sure :) and still have some change left compared to the Si. Also, I would pay less insurrance.
member Focus19 did 15.6 in his ST with 18's on..........thats a big difference.........16.1 is defenetly slow for ST IMO.....how many runs did you do? how were the shifts?
Gravter,Jun 11 2007, 12:45 PM Wrote:I just did a 16.1 @ 85.1mph on the 1/4 last weekend with my bone stock ST.

My buddy took a ride in a Si last weekend and said it buzz's alot, but don't know if he meant sound wise or high rpm buzzing!

So, 30,000 for an Si is kinda steap.  I paid 20,500 for my ST!  I just need to put 4-5K in it and I'll be in the 14s quarter for sure :) and still have some change left compared to the Si.  Also, I would pay less insurrance.
[right][snapback]241124[/snapback][/right]
I told her a Focus ST would've been as much fun, if not more, but, she didn't want an old persons car, ( read that Sedan ) :rolleyes:
NikiterZTS,Jun 11 2007, 02:11 PM Wrote:member Focus19 did 15.6 in his ST with 18's on..........thats a big difference.........16.1 is defenetly slow for ST IMO.....how many runs did you do? how were the shifts?
[right][snapback]241134[/snapback][/right]

I'll be posting a thread of my runs tonight with pics and videos.
I only did 4 runs...

P.S. What was his mph on the 1/4??? This will telll me if I was making the same horse power.
Gravter,Jun 11 2007, 01:56 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Jun 11 2007, 02:11 PM Wrote:member Focus19 did 15.6 in his ST with 18's on..........thats a big difference.........16.1 is defenetly slow for ST IMO.....how many runs did you do? how were the shifts?
[right][snapback]241134[/snapback][/right]

I'll be posting a thread of my runs tonight with pics and videos.
I only did 4 runs...

P.S. What was his mph on the 1/4??? This will telll me if I was making the same horse power.
[right][snapback]241141[/snapback][/right]

Focus19: "I had my new st out on friday, with 18's and bone stock i ran 15.6 at 89 mph , i was pretty happy, should be able to do low 15s with small rims."
oldeguy,Jun 11 2007, 02:44 PM Wrote:
Gravter,Jun 11 2007, 12:45 PM Wrote:I just did a 16.1 @ 85.1mph on the 1/4 last weekend with my bone stock ST.

So, 30,000 for an Si is kinda steap.  I paid 20,500 for my ST!  I just need to put 4-5K in it and I'll be in the 14s quarter for sure :) and still have some change left compared to the Si.  Also, I would pay less insurrance.
I told her a Focus ST would've been as much fun, if not more, but, she didn't want an old persons car, ( read that Sedan ) :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]241139[/snapback][/right]
This has made my day. Sedan faction..............take that!
Wow, 89mph... thats great...
I yielded a best of 85.1mph.
Must be something under my gas pedal, lol.
the fastest i've gotten so far was 86.9

next time im going with lighter front rims.....ST200's are heavy

so far looking at your numbers you're about 125whp...which is what i have......its either your engine is timed to s*** or you just need to improve your shifting....
oldeguy,Jun 11 2007, 01:44 PM Wrote:

Your sister in law obviously bought into the Honda marketing of their product as superior transportation appliance...

If I want an appliance, I'll buy a dishwasher thanks... and it probably would have more torque than the Civic Si :rofl:

Sedans are for those of us who want to look slow and go fast ;)

NefCanuck
Well I goota say I love my ST, its not as fast as a Si if you race heads up, but if you you want to pass some one you have the torque to due so and you dont have to down shift 3 gears. I thought those Si's were only like $25'000? For $30'000 I would pick up a Speed3. (the story of my life if only I would have spent another $5'000 on a car I could have had something better)
meford4u,Jun 11 2007, 03:05 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,Jun 11 2007, 02:44 PM Wrote:

This has made my day. Sedan faction..............take that!
[right][snapback]241143[/snapback][/right]
Meford, please note, she is going thru a midlife crisis, which means she isn't thinking straight,after all, she bought a Honda. Secondly, she is blonde, and oh, one more thing, she thinks trucks are what hick farmers drive.
wtf 30k CDN for a civic si.. man you guys make up for cheap real estate with stupid expensive cars.. that car sells for 21k USD here

so.. apparently.. in bone stock form this new si makes 188whp
EDIT added link to dyno sheet
http://www.urbanracer.com/gallery/articles...csi/dynopg1.jpg

and if i read this thread correctly the focus ST makes 123whp stock?

ummm.. who friggin cares if it buzzes a bit when you rev to 8000rpm? it has 65 more whp and i bet shorter gearing as well.

i dunno you guys.. on one hand i agree a civic si isn't the best use of 30k but..
1) last time i checked 123whp < 188whp
2) it is pretty friggin rude to tell someone their brand new car is a POS.. can't you just thank them for the drive and keep that sh!t to yourself?
Pages: 1 2