FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Is #2 Most Popular Car For Teens!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/AUTOS/06/07/teen...index.html

who is number 1 (both new and used)? civic FTMFW! :ph34r:
At 16 I got my Focus now at 21 I got a F150! :lol: So it's all true! haha
Well I goota say I love these cars, I just got an 07 ST and it handles good has power and is great on gas. Insurance is also cheap!! what more can you ask for?
naz,Jun 8 2007, 05:33 PM Wrote:who is number 1 (both new and used)? civic FTMFW! :ph34r:
[right][snapback]240951[/snapback][/right]

I didn't even need to read this post, or the article, to figure out what #1 was. :lol:
I am #1. :lol:
HANG ON NOT DONE ACCELERATING for the win ,
wow, interesting. I thought the Focus would be in the used car selection for sure. After all you can pick up a nice 00-02 for around 6K US. oh well I guess over time it will get there.

As for me, well moving to my #4Focus :)
00-Zx3
01-Zx3
01-ZTS wife's
03-ZTW now mine :)
zx5power,Jun 9 2007, 07:37 PM Wrote:HANG ON NOT DONE ACCELERATING for the win ,
[right][snapback]240991[/snapback][/right]

haha i dont think any of the cars on that list accelerate from 0-60 in less than 1 min
mo_focus,Jun 10 2007, 07:24 AM Wrote:wow, interesting. I thought the Focus would be in the used car selection for sure. After all you can pick up a nice 00-02 for around 6K US. oh well I guess over time it will get there.

As for me, well moving to my #4Focus :)
00-Zx3
01-Zx3
01-ZTS wife's
03-ZTW now mine :)
[right][snapback]241013[/snapback][/right]
No one said the intelligent teenagers chose the honda. You sir are on very intelligent person. Riced up hondas are a dime a dozen, a modified Focus is a rare thing of beauty. Where I live, I see more and more Foci's, and not the older ones, but, unfortunately, most are driven by grey haired Granma's and Grandpas' ( lease note, I am not a Granpa, yet )
oldeguy,Jun 11 2007, 02:57 PM Wrote:Riced up hondas are a dime a dozen, a modified Focus is a rare thing of beauty
[right][snapback]241105[/snapback][/right]

unfortunately, everyone who isn't into focus specifically or 'sport compacts' in general lumps em all together as 'cheap/obnoxious kid's car' :)

mo_focus,Jun 10 2007, 03:24 AM Wrote:wow, interesting. I thought the Focus would be in the used car selection for sure.

the focus hasnt been around long enough to saturate the used car market. Used civics have been the staple car for young people for like 20 years. Foci are only 7 years old at most. so unfortunalty people have a choice of a few Foci or like 10 billion civic. although the situation is improving
yes civics are being sent to the junkyard lol
naz,Jun 10 2007, 03:15 PM Wrote:
zx5power,Jun 9 2007, 07:37 PM Wrote:HANG ON NOT DONE ACCELERATING for the win ,
[right][snapback]240991[/snapback][/right]

haha i dont think any of the cars on that list accelerate from 0-60 in less than 1 min
[right][snapback]241048[/snapback][/right]

after getting my speeding ticket i really wonder what the heck is the point of having a car that can go fast anymore.....cops just breathe down your neck and ticket you for going a few KMs over.....gee, all cars should be made with like 40 hp since that's about as much as u r legally allowed to use unless u want a speeding ticket.

i wouldn't be surprised if someone on their bicycle gets a speeding ticket too.....
cornflakes,Jun 12 2007, 04:13 AM Wrote:after getting my speeding ticket i really wonder what the heck is the point of having a car that can go fast anymore.....cops just breathe down your neck and ticket you for going a few KMs over.....gee, all cars should be made with like 40 hp since that's about as much as u r legally allowed to use unless u want a speeding ticket.

i wouldn't be surprised if someone on their bicycle gets a speeding ticket too.....
[right][snapback]241183[/snapback][/right]

cuz there are track days and autoX.. and in the real world there are steep hills, on and off ramps and mountain roads with no police patrols.

sorry about your ticket man.. you'll feel better about it soon enough
Yup, I'm re-entering my teenage years.

Past recent cars to currently owned - Celebrity wagon, Ford Ranger with a V8 swap, then a Focus sedan, and now a new Focus hatch I'll be boosting.

I think I'll hit the brakes here though ;)