FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2009 Ford Fiesta: First Spy Shots!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apperently it's been cought testing in MI.

Linky & Pic's Click here!
Looks like Billy-Bob turned that one into a 4x4
Frost__2001,Jun 8 2007, 10:28 AM Wrote:Apperently it's been cought testing in MI.

Linky & Pic's Click here!
[right][snapback]240909[/snapback][/right]
:rolleyes: Maybe it's an AWD version :rolleyes:
"American's want econo car mileage and SUV styling... I've got it! Jack up the Fiesta!"
wonder if it will go the way of the focus.. ie severe decontenting and softening of a 'could have been' hot hatch into econo car fleet rental

too bad the focus progress in north america wasn't.. 00 focus with great build quality.. follow up with ST 170hp version.. top it off with RS

oh well. not gonna happen.. thanks ford.. any bets the initial fiesta will rock because it is very close to euro spec.. and ford NA will get their hands on it and make it suck
I'm hoping that the success of Ford everywhere else but here will have Ford realize that their products should have more of the European design.
maybe it will look more like our beloved focus which it seems to rather than the "thing" for 08 there badging as a focus
Knowing Ford's brilliant strategies, they'll probably bring it over close to the Euro-spec and it will sell fairly decently. Then they'll keep reskinning the same platform for 10-12 years before they decide to drop it for slow sales..
actually they are killing the hatch for North American Launch according to this news blip I just read.

2009 Fiesta
Boooourns. And the spy shots look like a freakin' Kia Rio.
Dumb move Ford, again. Bring us a small hatch damnit!
america does not need any more tiny sedans, they need small hatches, I mean, have you seen the Yaris, Wave, Rio, etc sedans? UGLY. Sedans require certain proportions and size to look good. those proportions are not really acheavable in a sub-compact platform