FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Electronic Turbo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Had a customer come in with one of these installed on his jetta today.
Guy says he feels a good difference.
Got it on ebay for 100$ including shipping I guess.

They usually boost around 2 - 3 PSI.

Any one eles seen these or used one?
I dunno about those.... I'd like to see a boost gauge on the manifold to see if its really 2-3psi... I don't think this is worth the money...its more of a placebo effect....
They draw more power than they make... and extreme examples netted maybe 5-10BHP... not WHP. It's the "euphoria" of a new part he's feeling, not more power.
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 7 2007, 10:14 PM Wrote:They draw more power than they make... and extreme examples netted maybe 5-10BHP... not WHP. It's the "euphoria" of a new part he's feeling, not more power.
[right][snapback]240881[/snapback][/right]

Says he has had it for a few months and notices it.

I mean the idea behind it is sound. It may be small boost but I mean its still forcing more air in. I to dont buy it but the more I read the more it seems like the idea isnt that far off from being true. Sure as hell not 25 - 40 horse like it says. I would expect like 10 - 15 max

Linky
These are just as useful as the Tornado fuel saver's we all know and hate. Honestly, even if it works in theory, don't expect anything worthwhile once installed.
euro_zx5,Jun 8 2007, 07:56 AM Wrote:These are just as useful as the Tornado fuel saver's we all know and hate. Honestly, even if it works in theory, don't expect anything worthwhile once installed.
[right][snapback]240897[/snapback][/right]

Well if it makes you feel better ive sold quite a few tornado fuel savers and customers tell me they work to.
Not that I would ever want one :lol:
Worth checking out if only for the irony in the marketing ... gotta love a company that can put these two statements on the same page:

Ebay ad Wrote:Don't be fooled by other vendors. Their cheap imitations don't compare to the real thing
and

same Ebay ad Wrote:BEST PRICE ON EBAY!

And just for giggles check out the car featured on this site
Well because they have a focus on the site means it has to work ? Right ?

lol...
LOL ... and here I thought the Focus WRC car used an electric supercharger -- you mean it doesn't?! :D
ZX3guy2000,Jun 8 2007, 10:19 AM Wrote:Well because they have a focus on the site means it has to work ? Right ?

lol...
[right][snapback]240908[/snapback][/right]
Im not so much wanting one as I wondered if it actually works.
The idea behind it is sound.

lol The Ebay one is just an example.
Quote:the car featured on this site
This one seems a little less Ebay lol
would love to see a dyno for that thing.

but... he should have gotten a jetta with 1.8T or 2.0T if he really wanted a turbo?
My electric supercharger is frakkin awesome. Car dynos at 260whp and 270 trq.

Unfortunately I haven't won a race yet because I only have a 100 foot extension cord.

:unsure:

:lol:
OAC_Sparky,Jun 8 2007, 02:31 PM Wrote:My electric supercharger is frakkin awesome. Car dynos at 260whp and 270 trq.

Unfortunately I haven't won a race yet because I only have a 100 foot extension cord.

:unsure:

Get the optional 2000 lb battery, you'll be able to go farther

:lol:
[right][snapback]240937[/snapback][/right]
oldeguy,Jun 8 2007, 02:34 PM Wrote:Get the optional 2000 lb battery, you'll be able to go farther
[right][snapback]240939[/snapback][/right]
Can't -- mine runs on a 240V furnace motor.
PS. Anyone know where I can find a "Power by Lennox" windshield decal? I desperately need the extra 5 HP.
OAC_Sparky,Jun 8 2007, 02:47 PM Wrote:PS. Anyone know where I can find a "Power by Lennox" windshield decal? I desperately need the extra 5 HP.
[right][snapback]240941[/snapback][/right]

I'm sure Mason can pick up a few Lennox decals from his work. :lol: jk jk
Mason,Jun 7 2007, 10:04 PM Wrote:Had a customer come in with one of these installed on his jetta today.
Guy says he feels a good difference.
Got it on ebay for 100$ including shipping I guess.

They usually boost around 2 - 3 PSI.

Any one eles seen these or used one?
[right][snapback]240879[/snapback][/right]

Ok all jokes aside.
There is a acticle in sport compact car about these. They claim they work but they cost to much.
$300 and you get 1PSI (5hp)
$700 and you get 2-3psi (10hp)
and thats not WHP so getting a CAI or even a SRI would be better.
do we have a rich member on here? who's actually willing to donate some money to test this......im just curious
"A fool and his money are often soon parted."