FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Led Bulbs Finally Arrived
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After nearly a year, I finally received the prize I won as the early bird draw winner of the Team Slipstream Show & Shine event last year, a set of interior LED bulbs and a pair of license plate LED bulbs.

So my questions are:

How does one get the cover off the interior lights? Do the switches have to be pulled off first or would gently prying around the outside edge of the lens cover with a flatbladed screw driver do the trick? :huh:

Same goes for the license plate bulbs, do I have to gain access to them from the trunk on the inside or how do I get to those? :huh:

NefCanuck
not sure about the interior lights but for the trunk ones yes....you have to get them from inside of the trunk
the interior map light thing just pops out with a flat head screw driver, you just push it into the small slat for it and it pops right out, after that it's just a matter of poping out the bulbs and changing them.

same rules apply with the plate bulbs, though it's one side that the screw driver fits into as the clear plastic bulb holder swings out to be removed.
The interior Light you just pry down.....Unplug the wires and change the bulbs.

The rear I'm not sure if its the same as the hatch but you have to open the trunk.....look for the two screws holding the rear trim on

Once you have this off you can change the bulbs

Hope my How to works

Good luck Daniel
i have sold lots of these before and i have on my focus..
once you knw how to pull all the lights out, it would be real quick in 5 secons everything..

for the license plate, push the light and to the left, then pull light out..
once you looking at the light, you will see what i mean..
Okay, I feel stupid but I'm stuck...

Got the interior light out and got the wires disconnected (short mofo's that they were) but couldn't figure out where I had to stick the screwdriver to pry the lens clear of the bulb housing...

So where do I stick the screwdriver? :huh:

NefCanuck