FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Picked Up A New Car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The other day, I was at work and the bf called. He told me to meet him at the dealership that night when he was done work. Apparently, this little gem of a car had just gone up on autotrader the night before, and he wanted it.

Showed up, test drove it, and bought it about 1 hour later :)

It's a 2003 Volkswagon golf GTI 20th anniversary edition. 1.8L turbo engine, standard 6 speed, recaro seats, 18" rims, etc. Gorgeous car.

Volks.
that is a nice buy for sure
Oh.... very nice!!! We'll have to have a little get together soon, so we can see!

Sweet ride ;)
Nice ride.
I always loved golf's, the only thing i dislike is the CEL light that comes on too often.

on the side note, we are now taking bets to see who can get the right date on CEL light to come on :)

Get your bets here.
ZX3guy2000,Jun 6 2007, 11:07 AM Wrote:Oh.... very nice!!!  We'll have to have a little get together soon, so we can see!
[right][snapback]240696[/snapback][/right]

Alright... should we try re-planning our Gatineau cruise again?
That's a sweet ride! Damn low from the factory, as it should be!
ZX5chica,Jun 6 2007, 12:42 PM Wrote:
ZX3guy2000,Jun 6 2007, 11:07 AM Wrote:Oh.... very nice!!!  We'll have to have a little get together soon, so we can see!
[right][snapback]240696[/snapback][/right]

Alright... should we try re-planning our Gatineau cruise again?
[right][snapback]240703[/snapback][/right]

We definitely could... I've got a bunch of routes that I'm trying out in the next couple weeks.... ranging from 2hr trips to 4 hr trip through the Outaouais....
Sweet car! Nice addition to the driveway, that's for sure.
Nice looking car.
Facking sweet! I've test driven one of those before....really nice car and soooooo much torque compared to the SVT. The ad says only 100 for Canada, but I've read somewhere else that it was 200. There are a couple running around Wpg, but they are all Black Magic Pearl. IIRC that colour is called Jazz blue, these 2 and Imola Yellow were the only 3 colours offered on the 20thAE GTI. Congrats on that purchase.
was never a fan of the golf myself...

- couldn't really ever fit in one first off
- was never truly impressed by the ride...
- was always a lot of money for what you got IMO...
- VW's build quality issues of late

Can't deny the merits tho...
Very nice whip it was on my list of hot hatches when i was looking for a car!
i would rather a 20th gti then a svt..... sorry
nice car.. that is the one with the TT brakes from the factory right?

CDN$25k seems like a lot of $ for that car though... my friend purchased a 92-x aero yesterday (basically a '05 wrx with hids, leather seats, some more soundproofing, and a saab badge and front end) with 4k miles (that's right four thousand miles) for USD$18k

i have seen also seen some 04 STi and EVO for that price..

but again.. nice car.. definitely unique and if you are a MkIV GTi fan that's the car to get
SVT ZX3,Jun 6 2007, 02:26 PM Wrote:Facking sweet! I've test driven one of those before....really nice car and soooooo much torque compared to the SVT. The ad says only 100 for Canada, but I've read somewhere else that it was 200. There are a couple running around Wpg, but they are all Black Magic Pearl. IIRC that colour is called Jazz blue, these 2 and Imola Yellow were the only 3 colours offered on the 20thAE GTI. Congrats on that purchase.
[right][snapback]240720[/snapback][/right]

I think you're right on the 200 number, though I'm not 100% sure of that. Although, the dealer did make a point of mentioning that a good 20 of that number have been killed over the past years, people taking them to their limit and crashing them.

He let me drive the car for a few blocks in my parents residential neighborhood... I have to convince him to let me drive it for more than 1km!