FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Civic Vs Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Story ... this kid came on montrealracing.com and said i was faster than a Focus 2.3 ST with is D15-D16Vtec ( or watever ) .. so i said noway you cant beat a 2.3L with this kind of motor ... atfer 1 week of bashing each other (with most of MR.com's members on my side )we have raced at Sanair ... so their is the result

between i have a 2.0l Zetec with FR stg 3 cam and FS race header

Outside ( Best one )
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=6...9499476277

Inside
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...5429759385
I bet he had his tail between his legs after that race.
Good kill, but I'm sure you realize that he totally blew the launch.

If the Honda guy actually knew how to drive it would have been closer considering that he managed to close the gap despite losing a 3/4 sec off the bat.

You beat the driver more than the car. But a win is still a win.
Did the civic guy fall asleep? WTF was that?

At the end of the run it seemed like he was catching up, was that the case or just the camera angle?
You could of been even faster if you got rid of the pasenger :)

Good run.
if you watch the vid inside the car he didnt cath me up ... fr the vide outside the car its the angle that look like i was catching me up
You still beat him. Good on ya.
ohh yeah forgot to mention one thing. Thank you for taking your racing to the track. You did the right thing.

Hopefully there will be more ppl like you to take the arguments to the track rather then street racing. Hopefully others will follow your path as well.

oh snap....take that in your pipe and smoke it....

he tottaly fell a sleep at the launch....

what was your time at that run? whats your best time?

and D series engines suck
Nik I had a D16Zc 92 HB...
328 HP.... Please dont talk bad about this Motors Untill you understand them.

Nice to see a run at the track.
He blew the start looks like it would have been much closer and who drags with a passenger ?
Chromey,Jun 4 2007, 05:40 PM Wrote:Nik I had a D16Zc 92 HB...
328 HP.... Please dont talk bad about this Motors Untill you understand them.

Nice to see a run at the track.
[right][snapback]240490[/snapback][/right]

sorry but i heard it from the Honda friends.......obviosly from the number you gave me, yours was F/I

you can F/I SPI and it will be fast too

Nice kill!

MOST D-series motors aren't worth more than basic upgrades unless you boost... which is really the same as most other small motors. D-series really is the SPI of the Honda world. A single camshaft does not for massive power make </end yoda> :P

NikiterZTS,Jun 4 2007, 05:20 PM Wrote:oh snap....take that in your pipe and smoke it....

he tottaly fell a sleep at the launch....

what was your time at that run?  whats your best time?

and D series engines suck
[right][snapback]240487[/snapback][/right]

the time slip : 0.000 at 392mph .... it was f-king fast !!! :lol:

my best its 15.3 at 90 mph and my best mph is 92.3
with cams (cam gears) and full exhaust?
Nice run.
He truly screwed his launch, but you aced yours... congrats.
So, a 15.3 is great. Can't wait to see what my 2.3 stocker can do!
I'll be going to Luskville Dragway soon... maybe next Saturday ;)
can you get 'Hondas may appear smaller than actually are' on the bottom of the passenger mirror. lol

I do agree that the guy didn't cut a good light, so it probably would have been closer if he did. but a kill is a kill, especially legal ones.
you guys should of defenetly had 3 or so runs together.....better statistics :)
good kill.. for consistency sake would have been better if he raced a stock 2.3L focus, which is what he is saying his car could beat.. does your 2.0L modified motor dyno the same as a 2.3L stock motor?

02ztsian

I like how the camera had to revert to finding the Honda in the side view mirror. Nice!
Good Work!
Pages: 1 2