FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Highway 17 Closed In Petawawa
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, this is just a heads up to anyone on here planning to use the trans canada in the viscinity of Petawawa/Pembroke (going between Ottawa and North Bay).

DON'T!!! There was some kind of major accident on the 17, resulting in all of the traffic from CFB Petawawa being held up, as well as the traffic heading north and south driving through Petawawa to bypass the accident. I am nearly out of gas (less than 15km's worth left until empty...I used almost 10km's worth of fuel in the 90 mins I spent leaving the base, and returning to it to wait for traffic to die down somewhat).

I'll have to give more details about it later...
I got the e-mail at work - looked out my office (Z-101) and saw the lineup :blink: !! Good thing (well ..... not that good :lol: ) I live on the north side. Only two more weeks and posted to Ottawa !! :P
Kinda of reminded me of the 401 during rush hour......Oh how I don't miss that
Wow!

Three people from Petawawa! All posting on the same day. Can't say the same for some of the provinces.

You guys should have your own regional forum. :lol:
so what was the deal? I heard some guys talking about it on the CB...
I heard a tractor trailer hit a van at Murphy Rd (not sure if pers were killed) I've been travelling back and forth from Ottawa for 3yrs - the fact I made it out alive is amazing !! Then again I still have another 2 trips ............ LOL !!
dlb,Jun 4 2007, 05:18 PM Wrote:Only two more weeks and posted to Ottawa  !! :P
[right][snapback]240486[/snapback][/right]

Another Ottawa member!! :)
There was a head-on collision with a transport truck, and a minivan...the driver of the van wandered into the left lane, being killed instantly...the traffic from 17 was re-routed through petawawa....which made things suck bigtime until this morning. It took me almost 2 friggin hours to get home, and almost ran my car out of gas in the process...

isn't this the second head on collision in a couple months on that road, and in that same area ??? I recall one happening a month or so back, with a car trying to pass on a double solid line and getting totaled by a transport.....