FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Its A Boy!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
whoa, whoa guys...lets me absorb this little guy 1st, then we can talk about another one. :lol:

Now on the market for a SUV though. Wife wants a van, dont know if I can do it. :ph34r:
[Image: IMG_2741.jpg]
Flofocus,Dec 17 2009, 02:27 PM Wrote:whoa, whoa guys...lets me absorb this little guy 1st, then we can talk about another one.  :lol:

Now on the market for a SUV though.  Wife wants a van, dont know if I can do it.  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]298602[/snapback][/right]
Ford Flex with Ecoboost twin turbo AWD...................
Oh and he's a good looking young man. Signed him up for hockey yet?
Flofocus,Dec 17 2009, 02:27 PM Wrote:Wife wants a van, dont know if I can do it.  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]298602[/snapback][/right]

Mazda5 FTMFW! I love ours...

Good lookin' kid, Nate! I take it the wife had a lot to do with that? :lol:
actually...pretty funny...

when we came home, there was a bouquet of flowers on the table with a picture, and my wife said 'oh, somebody got prints made alrady,

me; 'no, that is me when i was a newborn'

pretty freaky how much we look a like.

as for the mazda 5, and the ford hurst, my wife doesnt like either, to bad, i like both of them!
Congrats Nate!
Very cute kid.

What did she say about the Forester? Probably too small....
Flofocus,Dec 17 2009, 03:29 PM Wrote:actually...pretty funny...

when we came home, there was a bouquet of flowers on the table with a picture, and my wife said 'oh, somebody got prints made alrady,

as for the mazda 5, and the ford hurst, my wife doesnt like either, to bad, i like both of them!
[right][snapback]298606[/snapback][/right]

Could always try fooling her and moving up to a Lincoln MKT :P

NefCanuck
Congratulations Nate to you and your family.
Congrats!

Buy a Toureg
NikiterZTS,Dec 17 2009, 06:15 PM Wrote:Very cute kid.

[right][snapback]298616[/snapback][/right]

too small, I need something that can hold a stroller and a dog in the back. Forester has a big trunk but once you throw a stroller in the back, there isnt much room for the dog.

Too bad, I would have gotten a forester XT in a heart beat. :D

She likes the dodge nitro and that looks to have a lot of trunk space.

I want an older Navigator, but she wants something 2005+, and we need to stay in the 20k range, unless we trade in the wrx, and no way in hell im doing that, especially with the closet full of parts for it.
Flofocus,Dec 17 2009, 09:18 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Dec 17 2009, 06:15 PM Wrote:Very cute kid.

[right][snapback]298616[/snapback][/right]

too small, I need something that can hold a stroller and a dog in the back. Forester has a big trunk but once you throw a stroller in the back, there isnt much room for the dog.

Too bad, I would have gotten a forester XT in a heart beat. :D

She likes the dodge nitro and that looks to have a lot of trunk space.

I want an older Navigator, but she wants something 2005+, and we need to stay in the 20k range, unless we trade in the wrx, and no way in hell im doing that, especially with the closet full of parts for it.
[right][snapback]298629[/snapback][/right]

I really like those old Navigators.
Nitros look good too with those stock 20's
Flofocus,Dec 17 2009, 04:29 PM Wrote:actually...pretty funny...

[right][snapback]298606[/snapback][/right]

To be honest, unless your worried about the perceived safety of vans, etc, there isn't really a need to purchase a larger vehicle until the family begins to increase in volume.

Unfortunately for one of my kids, he looks exactly like I did at his age, so at least i know who his father is........ :D
He's already taller than you!!!

:lol:

Congrats!
Congrats Flo !
oldeguy,Dec 18 2009, 10:15 AM Wrote:To be honest, unless your worried about the perceived safety of vans, etc, there isn't really a need to purchase a larger vehicle until the family begins to increase in volume.

Unfortunately for one of my kids, he looks exactly like I did at his age, so at least i know who his father is........ :D
[right][snapback]298644[/snapback][/right]

Thing is, its just not kids I would be hauling around...I love camping, the outdoors, and I usually bring my dog with me. I need somthing that is big enough to seperate the 2. If I get into an accident, last thing I need is a 80 pound dog bouncing off the walls and smashing into the kid. That and I think we'll be getting another dog soon...so need something big enough for 2 dogs, stroller, the baby gear, the kid, etc....

Quote:Buy a Toureg

trunk is way to small, the forrester has more room in the back than that thing.
You need a FLEX. If the wife doesn't like them, tell her I'll extend to you my Ford discount and that may change her mind.
meford4u,Dec 19 2009, 05:55 PM Wrote:You need a FLEX.  If the wife doesn't like them, tell her I'll extend to you my Ford discount and that may change her mind.
[right][snapback]298683[/snapback][/right]

At the SVT event at Mosport this past summer, Ted from Dixie Ford had a 2010 Flex with the twin turbo eco-boost and took it on the track ... frankly it was awesome and even pulled on some of the Mustangs going up the back straight ... the key to convincing your wife is to get her inside one - the room is amazing and the build quality is really very, very good.

I'm in the same boat as you - my wife didn't like the looks of it ... but every time we see one and I point out some of its features, she seems to be warming up to it. I have yet to meet anyone who actually drives one, who doesn't love it.
Flex will be a hard sell for me, she thinks its made to carry dead bodies.

The only wagonish car she likes is the audi wagons, that I can deal with for sure. AWD, turbo, lots pf space in the back....perfect.
ZTWsquared,Dec 19 2009, 06:21 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Dec 19 2009, 05:55 PM Wrote:You need a FLEX.  If the wife doesn't like them, tell her I'll extend to you my Ford discount and that may change her mind.
[right][snapback]298683[/snapback][/right]

At the SVT event at Mosport this past summer, Ted from Dixie Ford had a 2010 Flex with the twin turbo eco-boost and took it on the track ... frankly it was awesome and even pulled on some of the Mustangs going up the back straight ... the key to convincing your wife is to get her inside one - the room is amazing and the build quality is really very, very good.

I'm in the same boat as you - my wife didn't like the looks of it ... but every time we see one and I point out some of its features, she seems to be warming up to it. I have yet to meet anyone who actually drives one, who doesn't love it.
[right][snapback]298687[/snapback][/right]

Ted passed some of the Mustangs there, nevermind pulled on them (Hell, he passed me up the back straight like I was still in first gear and I was matted and pulling north of 170km/h :ph34r: )

Fair warning though, to get the ecoboost motor in the Flex I was quoted a $10,000 price premium :blink:

That's a lot of cash to make a grocery hauler haul @$$

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2